Chapter two

Steve POV:

Today, I'm finally going to visit Peggy. I've been willing to do so for a while now, since Sharon told me I could come by and talk to her but I just never had the time to. I'm kinda nervous to be honest. I mean, I don't really know what to expect from that little "reunion", if I can call it like that.

When I got there and sat next to her lying on her bed, I felt a smile grow on my face as she looked up at me and started talking:

"Hey" she said, smiling.

"Hi, how are you?"

"I'm as good as an old lady can be" she said in a chuckle, before adding "What about you, Mr Captain America?"

"Ah you know, as good as a man who has been stuck, asleep in ice for decades can be" I answered, laughing.

And just like that, all the nervousness I was feeling earlier disappeared and we started talking about everything. I told her about my life as an Avenger and she told me about her husband and children and although at first, it was tough for me to hear about all the things I never got the chance to have, I was genuinely happy seeing how happy she was.

After about two hours of us talking, I heard my phone ring in my pocket. I grabbed it to see who was calling me and it was Natasha. She knew I was supposed to come visit Peggy today so she wouldn't call me if it weren't important. I excused myself, telling Peggy that I had to take the call. I got up from the chair I had been sitting on the past two hours and answered the phone. As soon as I heard Nat's voice on the phone, a smile appeared on my face.

"Hey, sorry to bother you Rogers but I was told to call you in order to inform you that we have an important mission waiting for us. As soon as you're done, you have to head straight here and get ready to go"

"Alright, got it. Thanks, see you later."

"See ya"

As I ended the call and turned to look back at Peggy, I found her staring at me with an amused look on her face.

"What's her name?" she asked, smiling at me, the amused look not leaving her face.

"What?" I asked back, a bit confused. How did she know I was talking to a girl? I didn't even mention Natasha's name during the call.

"The girl you were just talking to, who is it?"

"And how do you even know I was talking to a girl?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Well, you obviously have a thing for that person and I don't recall you being bi" she answered, chuckling a bit.

"What do you mean I have a thing for her? She's just a friend, we work together." I said, starting to feel my cheeks getting hot.

"Yeah, right. And why are your cheeks as red as the tomatoes growing in my garden right now then?" she told me, a smirk appearing on her face.

"I don't know, I'm just not comfortable talking about that kind of things" I answered defensively.

"Or, it's because you know I'm right" she said.

I sighed at her answer.

Could she be right though?
Do I really have feelings for Natasha? I have never really thought about it. I mean, we definitely have grown closer the past few years and I love getting to spend time with her, which in the end always feels like not enough time if I'm being honest. And of course, saying that she's a sight for sore eyes would be underestimating her beauty. And damn, she's good at her job. I've seen her do her moves on enemies hundreds of times now but I'm still amazed by her skills at every new mission. And although they can at times be annoying, I've caught myself finding her sassy remarks and attitude rather... sexy.
Okay, maybe I do have a thing for Nat.

———

Voilà.
Hope you liked this chapter.
It's kinda short but I'll try and make up for it in the upcoming ones.
Don't hesitate to comment, I would love to hear about your opinions :)

🖖