seven : aftermath

My feet stretch out beneath me as I lay in bed

My feet stretch out beneath me as I lay in bed. It was early in the morning and we were all finally back in California, two days before the bachelor party. I run a hand through my messy hand and shake it before getting up and wondering what to wear for the rest of the day. Grabbing the first items of clothing I see, a yellow sweatshirt and black leggings, I head to the bathroom.

The cold tile wakes me up as I catch the smell of waffles before I go close the door and turn the lock. I strip and hop in the shower letting the water cleanse my mind, cleanse my body. The possibilities last night were endless and it felt like whatever happened between me and Oliver would eventually come out. Whether or not that was something I was okay with was something I still had to decide. I let the water run through my hair and over my face, still thinking. Just thinking.

A few minutes pass by of me scrubbing and I hear a sharp knock on the door. "Hey, Wren we're having breakfast if you wanna join." I hear Sabrina's voice linger outside the door.

"Okay be out in a sec," I say back, cutting off the water abruptly and reaching on her shelf for a towel. I got to be honest though, Oliver is really kind of rubbing off on me. His weird sense of humor and deep dark eyes and even him being brooding. I detangle my hair with my fingers in the mirror looking at myself. Wow, sometimes I wished I had a normal life that didn't always involve being in a love triangle or having to sneak anything.

I sighed, letting my chest go in and out a couple of times before slicking my hair down into a bun. I felt like now it was finally time to show my face and decided to put my clothes on. Taking one last deep breath, I open the door and walk out. The first thing I get a glimpse of is Oliver standing by the kitchen island who immediately darts his head to look at me. I can tell in his face he wants to react but as I enter the kitchen I see Sabrina standing opposite of him with full plates in front of her and a wide grin on her face. oh great. "Hey, Wren. Good to see you this morning, you're up early." I can feel the amount of superiority she thinks she has as she wears it in her voice. "So today I'm going to be making my final decisions on wedding decorations. For me, it's going to be pretty busy, but I was hoping maybe one of you will come with me but if not, you guys have to go do your dress shopping."

"I-." I start when her phone begins to ring. She holds up a finger to me, answering her phone and entering the living room.

"Char!" She squeals excitedly and I can feel the annoyance filling up in my body. Oliver can feel it too, as soon as my jaw starts to clench he slides a plate of bacon and waffles over right in front of me.

"You should eat, we were up pretty late last night." His teeth peek out at me and I can tell he finds this amusing.

"Haha, very funny." I grab the fork off the plate, sitting down at the counter next to him. "Your sister was interesting." I raise an eyebrow at him, picking at the food on my plate.

"Shit, yours is too." He turns his head, trying to meet my energy.

I sigh, dropping the fork and grabbing a piece of bacon off the plate. "What I meant was she seemed like she was friends with Sabrina."