He forgot about me

Kara's pov

Seven months. It's been seven months.

Seven horrible, excruciating months.

Sometimes I wonder how I made this far, but than I remember Alex...I'd be an complete mess of it wasn't for her, she'd always lift me up when I was down, and she'd always wipe away my never ending tears, and most importantly she'd always be there, every hour of everyday to provide comfort, advice and love, and I couldn't be anymore thankful for that...for her.

Although I have been getting better emotionally and physically, I still have many major setbacks, like the fact that I've basically been living off oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner (that is when I actually feel like eating) for months, and when I'm at work most of the time I feel tired and unmotivated, but the hardest setback of all is sometimes forgetting that he's gone...sometimes I'd walk into a room just expecting him to be there, and other times there'd be moments when I'd be at work and I'd hear about a story that actually brings back the reporter in me, and when that would usually happen last year I'd always call Mon-el to tell him about my pitch and the story itself, and he'd always pick up the phone right away, (it was almost like he could hear my excitement through the phone)...but he  hasn't really been picking up his phone nowadays...hence he's gone, but sometimes I forget that, but life sure does have a cruel ways of reminding me.

*****

"Kara, there's a bank robbery down on Mason st." Winn says through my coms.

"I'm on my way"

Once I arrive on the scene I can't help but notice that the robbers have already been apprehended, but that seemed impossible being for the fact that the police haven't showed up yet.

I'm quickly cut-off from my train of thought when I pick up trembling voices coming from inside the bank, that being said I immediately rush inside the bank to see several people tied up against several support beams, and I also noticed two men chatting on the far east corner of the bank so I wasn't able to see there faces since I entered through the west corner of the bank one of the men seemed to be the the security guard at the bank and the other man seemed to be a superhero?!...I made that conclusion on the fact the he was dressed in a really vibrant red suit, that had streaks of dark blue running down the sides, that matched perfectly with his cape and boots.

On any other typical event I would have introduced myself, but being in a room with dozens of anxious civilians tied up against support beams is anything but typical.

*****
After about five hastily minutes of untying a couple of thick wads of plasma rope, I'm down to the last knot which was wrapped around a very anxious ten year old boy, as I finally set him loose, he mumbles a quick thank you, before hurriedly running off to a women who seems to be his mother, I can't help but smile at the sight.

"Well it looks like you beat me to it" says a vaguely familiar voice behind me.

I smile to myself before responding "It was nothing"

"That little boy would probably say otherwise" he says, making me take another second glance at the boy I just untied giving his mom what seems to be one of the tightest hugs ever known to mankind.

"Yeah...I guess you're right" I say while turning around to face the man from behind, (let's just say I was not at all prepared for what I was about to see).
"Oh my god" I whisper not so subtly as I quickly rush into his arms. (Mon-el's arms to be precise), he's here, he's actually here and he's breathing, wait how is he breathing?! As much as I hated the feeling of not feeling his embrace, I pull away to observe him, and after all this time I can definitely say he's changed a lot! His voice sounds a lot more confident but also managed to sound soothing at the same time, his shoulders were less slumped than before, his body stood a little taller, and that beard (that I'm already started to feel accustomed too) made him look more mature and wise, and let's not forget that suit did absolutely nothing to hid the fact that he had been working out. And although he might have changed a lot during this period of time, there were also somethings that remained constant, like his hair that was parted to the side as usual, and that small smile I got a glimpse of when I first turned around, and his eyes...his eyes didn't change at all.
"You're...you're really here" I say more to myself than him, while reaching my hand out to stroke my hand across his incredibly soft beard, just to make sure I wasn't currently dreaming or hallucinating.