Game night

Kara's pov

"So you're telling me that, you got trapped inside a musical with your good friend Barry, because a man who goes by 'music meister', put you guys in there to repair your broken hearts?" Mon-el says, summing up yet another one of the crazy adventures I just recently told him about.

I nod, "Yep, that about sums it up" I say nonchalantly.

"Your life seems to be nothing but eventful"

"That it is" I reply, as I begin to think of all the very unreal and eventful situation I've been in, even before I put my cape on. "Speaking of eventful, I'm hosting the weekly 'Superfriends Game Night' tonight, and all are invited" I say, excitedly as I await Mon-els answer.

"The 'Superfriends' huh?, that's one heck of a name" Mon-el says, grinning from ear to ear. "And I'd be happy to attend" Mon-el says, turning his grin into an authentic warm, radiant smile, that would make the sun seem powerless in comparison.

"Great" I say, say trying my hardest to seem calm, but I swear that my eyes are speaking to him like two vibrant blue orbs inviting him to get lost in them. "It's starts at eight, I'll ask Winn to bring you by with him" I say, finally cracking by letting myself get lost in his eyes.

"Sounds great" Mon-el says softly, as he returns my longing gaze, with another look that I can't quite recognize.

"See you at eight?" I ask, breaking the comfortable silence that fell between us, as I began to move to the door of the training room.

"See you at eight" Mon-el confirms, with a small small smile.

*****

"Could you hand me that?" I ask, Alex as we set up the last bit of the snacks for game night. Alex and Maggie arrived first followed, by J'onn, and James, Mon-el and Winn are the only ones who haven't arrived yet, but that's fine given the fact that it's only 7:55pm.

"Yeah sure" Alex reply's, as she moves to hand me a bag of pretzels. "I can't believe this is the first game night sinc-" Alex abruptly stops herself from continuing, as if the words she was about could start a war.

"Since Mon-el left" I say softly, to which Alex just affirms with a nod. "Well, he's back now so there's no reason to wallow in sorrow and misery, anymore"  I say to Alex, which seems to ease the tension in her shoulders.

"Yeah, you're right" Alex says smiling a-bit.

"Aren't I always" I reply mocking, as I recall Alex telling me the same thing about a week ago.

"Ha Ha" Alex remarks with a sheer amount of sarcasm present in her voice, causing me to burst into a fit of laughter, which Alex quickly joins into. We only stop when we hear three persistent knocks at the door. "Well I guess Romeo and his escort are here" Alex says, as a sly snark begins to grow on her face.

"Shut up" I retort wittily, as I make my way to the door, where I'm first met by Winn holding what seems to be a bottle of red wine.

"Hey!" Winn says enthusiastically.

"Hi!" I reply back in the same tone, as I go in for a hug which he gladly accepts, we haven't really talked since that night on the balcony, but having him here is really refreshing.

"For you" Winn says as he hands me the bottle of wine in his hand.

"Thank you" I say as I gladly accept the bottle.

"Mhm" Winn replies before moving inside my apartment, leaving me alone with Mon-el.

"Hi" Mon-el says softly, as he rocks back in forth with his hands in his pants pocket.