Rehearsal Dinner

Kara's pov

"Hey" I say cheerfully as I make my way into Mon-els dorm room.

"Hi" Mon-el replies, as he turns his attention from his gray travel bag to me. Barry and Iris are getting married tomorrow so we're heading to their earth today so we could attend their rehearsal dinner.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask, leaning against the doorframe of his room.

"Yep!" Mon-el exclaims, as he zips up his bag and heads to where I'm currently standing.

"Than I guess we've got a wedding to crash" I remark sarcastically with a smile on my face, as I grab the travel beacon from the front pocket of my jacket, so that we could go to earth-1.

"I guess so" Mon-el says with a small grin plastered across his face.

*****

"Hey! You guys made it!" Barry exclaims, as he walks up to us as we enter the lobby of the hotel that we're staying in for the next two days.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" I reply, as I drop my bag on a nearby chair to give him a quick hug.

"Especially if there's cake involved" Mon-el says jokingly. He's so gonna pay for that later.

"Mon-el! Its great to see you again, and you're totally right, she definitely has a sweet tooth for anything with frosting on it" Barry exclaims chuckling, as he also moves to give Mon-el a hug.

"I'd say it be great to see you again too, if I wasn't for the fact that I don't really remember meeting you the first time" Mon-el says, causing Barry to look down at me with an confused expression on his face.

"I'll explain later" I say, already dreading the idea of telling him that my boyfriend...(ex-boyfriend...it's complicated) crashed landed here in a cruiser from the 31st century, with no memories of his time spent in the 21st century.

"Uh okay, well uh here are your key cards" Barry says while handling each of us a card made of very flexible plastic. "You guys are on the fifth floor, room 322, and I'm right across the hall if you guys need anything"

"Thanks" Mon-el and I say in unison, as we make our way to the elevator.

"After you" Mon-el says, as the elevator door opens.

"Thanks" I reply, as I make my way into the elevator, after a few seconds the elevator finally dings when we make it to the fifth floor, 'thank god' I think to myself as we finally make it out of that very cramped elevator, and out into the hall. "Here it is" I say, as I stop at the door 322.

"Would you like to do the honors?" Mon-el ask playfully, as he nods his head towards the card reader on the door.

"Of course" I reply, as I move to swipe my key card across the card reader, which flashes a green color, indicating that the door is open. "After you" I say, repeating Mon-els words from earlier.

"Why thank you" he says before letting out a playful yet genuine smile, before making his way in.

"Wow" I whisper softly as I make my way into the hotel room, which has nothing but a white and gold color scheme. "I think I might need real glasses if I'm gonna be staying in here for the next two days" I say, causing Mon-el to chuckle.

"Well on the bright side there's a mini fridge filled with snacks" Mon-el says enthusiastically.

"Yes!" I say, matching his tone.

"Here" Mon-el says softly, as he hands me a bag of gummy worms, as he makes his way over to the bed where I'm currently sitting.

"Thank you" I say not being able to contain a smile as I pop one in my mouth. "What?" I ask giggling––yep that's right giggling––as I notice that Mon-el has been staring at me for the better half of a minute.