Tanaka Ryuunosuke

"I'm tired"

---------------

You had just arrived with Tanaka. However, your entrance together didn't last long, as per usual, as soon as he saw Nishinoya pestering Kiyoko, he decided to join in without bothering to ask you if you were alright with it.

"Kiyoko-San!!" Their rowdy voices erupted throughout the whole gymnasium, as a sigh escaped your lips. You ascended the stairs to the upstairs bleachers, your usual spot to hang around at whenever you were waiting for Tanaka.   

Clearly, you were upset by this, but you should have adapted to this offensive habit of his. After all, this happened every day during practice.

Still, you couldn't bring yourself to accept the fact that he praised another woman other than you. To be blunt, you were more of the jealous-type, but you never showed it. You didn't want Tanaka to think that you were stuck-up, and gain the impression that you were expressing ownership over him. 

You were a person that hated objectification over human beings, so it would be hypocritical of you to order him around like he was yours.

"Ahhh, Kiyoko-San! You're wearing thigh-highs!" Tanaka's voice reached your ears, causing you to look down to where they were.

Sure enough, there was the male with his shaved head, holding both of Kiyoko's hands in his. You felt a tight squeeze on your heart at the scene, so you tore your gaze away. 

Sitting down, you had decided to divert your attention from them by reading manga that you saved on your phone. It worked for about a couple of minutes, until the thought resurfaced within your head and your eyes involuntarily trailed from the screen of your phone towards the raven-haired third-year manager.  

 Practice had just begun, she had on her track-suit now, along with her signature clipboard to keep track of whatever is going on in that court.

Additionally, she's modest and conservative.

There was no doubt that her beauty was far superior than yours, but it wasn't as if you weren't a goddess yourself. You were blessed with glistening, (h/l) (h/c) hair and a pair of striking (e/c) irises that complimented your facial attributes elegantly. 

Many would agree that you were a close second. 

Then it hit you, you would always be second.

Could Tanaka have asked you out when he had a chance with Kiyoko? Did he even prioritize you over her now that the both of you were official? You fidgeted in your seat, your insecurities piling up in your thoughts.

"Kiyoko-San!! Did you see that super awesome spike?" Again, Tanaka was attempting at getting the manager's attention.

Obviously not. Your subconsciousness answered your questions for you. You abruptly stood up from your seat, trying your best not to cry, at least not until it was just you. 

When you reached the ground floor of the gymnasium, Tanaka noticed your retreating form, much to your surprise. You thought he was too invested in trying to gain your Senpai's attention instead of yours.

"(y/n)-Chan! Where 'ya going?!" Your boyfriend called after you. You were debating on whether or not you were going to ignore him, in the end you just turned around to greet him. You feigned a sympathetic smile before speaking up. 

"Ryuu... I'm tired." 

You (kind of) lied, so you could excuse yourself and head home before him. Of course you knew there was yet another meaning to your words, but you didn't expect stubborn Tanaka to catch on straight away.