Ushijima Wakatoshi

"Huggos UwU"

---------------

After that heart-wrenching match against Karasuno, the members of Shiratorizawa, withdrew from the gymnasium, a heavy feeling of grieve filling their hearts. 

Being the manager, you somewhat felt the need to raise their spirits. But you had trouble with your options, they weren't exactly the easiest bunch to handle. After all, this team was a mix-match of different characteristics, they all had different outlooks regarding the loss.

Although you knew that your hearts were one and the same. 

The volleyball players filed into the bus, including you. It was a silent trip back and none of the tension was cleared until you third-years faced your underclassmen in Shiratorizawa's very own gymnasium.

Within the court where it all began.

Ushijima volunteered to speak up, seeing it fit since it was going to be his last act as the captain. With a smile, you watched as your boyfriend began to file out his every wish to every first and second year. 

Even Semi and Tendou were taken aback that he was actually paying attention to everyone's strength excluding his own. 

One the third-year ace reached Goshiki, tears began to shed from the first-year's eyes and your heart melted at the sight. 

"Awww, darling." You cooed, approaching him. He was normally this stubborn, precious little air-head, so seeing him this disheartened, you couldn't help but hug him comfortingly. 

"(y/-(y/n)-Senpai?!" The aspiring ace squeaked through his tears and you shushed him. "There, there... Let it out." You smiled, your own tears working their way down the sides of your cheeks. "It's better to cry, than throw a fit while you guys are doing drills."  

Tendou hummed before declaring, "Group hug!" Lunging his lanky form onto yours and Goshiki's. The other piled one after another, feeling both motivated and disappointed.

"Why the hell not?" Semi chuckled, giving a lop-sided smile before joining in the wholesome moment. The hug lasted for a few minutes, with the silent captain watching at a distance as you were swarmed by his teammates.

A foreign sensation began bubbling up, surging inside his gut.

He didn't like it one bit. 

With sudden movements, you were tugged away from the group, a strong force gravitating you towards someone's hard chest. "T-Toshi...?" You stammered questioningly, staring at the culprit, of whom held his usual stoic expression, only a little stonier.

"100 serves, get going." Ushijima commanded, eyes sharpening towards his team before pulling you towards the exit of the gymnasium. 

The male did not stop jerking you to follow him until he was promised of privacy. "Toshi?" You called once more, doe (e/c) eyes staring into his. You saw a blush beginning to form on the surface of his cheeks. 

You fought the urge to giggle as the two of you reached the lot meant for parking the school's bus transport. Ushijima stopped and turned towards you, still red, you could easily predict what his next request would be.

After all, Ushijima only ever acted like this when he was jealous though he had never identified the emotion as he was too dense to realize it. 

His arms spread out to his hides and you immediately entered his embrace, your forehead against his solid chest. Without a second to spare, Ushijima's arms wrapped around you, pulling you close and placing his chin on the crown of your head.

"Now doesn't this feel nice?" You laughed, feeling the vibration reverberating through the male's chest as he hummed in response, only silence followed, but it was a comfortable one. That is, until a question you buried deep into the back of your mind, resurfaced.

"Toshi-Kun, don't you feel bad about the loss...?" You carefully interrogated, afraid that he might get mad. Despite how you thought your boyfriend would react, he surprised you by allowing a smirk to grace his usually stoic composure.

His arms moved to the level of your shoulders, pushing you back slightly but never letting you out of his hold. His eyes once again, bore into your (e/c) ones, determination pooling those olive irises. 

"The battle has barely begun. In the end, it's going to be-- leading my team to victory." His words were dripping with venomous confidence, you were almost jealous at how straightforward yet spine-chilling his words seeped out. 

You placed yourself back onto his form, smiling and replaying his words over and over again. Then suddenly, you fumed. 

"I expected your words to land on more of a romantic note!" You pouted at him, "Something along the lines of 'I'd rather lose a match than lose you, (y/n)-Chan' or-- 'If it takes fighting the war for us to embrace like this, it would well have been worth it' you know?!" 

Your mimicry of the ace's, although spot-on, confused him and he shook his head at your skills. "Those are not related to the question you asked me." He deadpanned.

"Well..." You tried to reason but breathed a sigh of defeat. "It would have flattered the both of us-- but you're right Toshi-Kun! You know, you're super-duper cool when you acknowledge competition!" You beamed, your praise sending another subtle blush to Ushijima.

"Speaking of competition." The ace cleared his throat and sharpened his gaze. "Don't go hugging Goshi-- or anyone for that matter, without consulting me." Ushijima declares.

It took a while for you to process his words. Once you did, it was most definitely your turn to flush bright red. "W-What're you trying to say Toshi-Kun?"

The taller male hesitates for a moment before leaning down and kissing you on your soft lips. Before you had the opportunity to kiss back, the male had already pulled away, leaving you to whine in disappointment.

"You're mine."

= Meanwhile =

"MIRACLE BOY is jea-lo-us?!" Tendou gawked, feigning surprise even though he was certain of this happening. 

"Ne ne Semi-Semi, let's make a bet. If (y/n)-Chan comes back with a mark on her neck, you have to shoulder half of my serves!" The redhead grinned wickedly, whilst the male addressed sighed and shook his head.

Semi moved away from the destructive middle-blocker, taking a volleyball from one of the carts. "Just get your serves done." 

Tendou pouted, "That's no fun..." He booed, nonetheless, taking his own volleyball from the cart and moving to the service line.

---------------

I need a hug (/--W--)/

Word Count: 1.1k

Hope you enjoyed, sorry if that was crappy.