4.If Teardrops Could Be Bottled.

THIS IS FOR THE CONTEST CONDUCTED BY angelsheartforever
I'm glad to be a part of it. Participating in it was fun.
Happy reading.
_________________________________________

It was probably the tenth time that sana had come out of the washroom all panic stricken holding the dreadful two red lines on a stick.
A teardrop threatened to spill.
She sat on the corner of the bed with a thud,intense enough to cause a creak in the bed and dip the mattress enough to make a permanent depression.
Sid was standing there leaning on the door of their room.
He didn't know how could he pick up her broken pieces and try to put them together when he himself was going through an internal turmoil.
They've been trying for a year now. Ever since they had got married in a lavish and pompous event in Mumbai they had known that they mutually wanted a baby of their own,one whom they'll bring up together. One who'll be nurtured and spoilt at the same time.

Everytime that sana would slightly feel dizzy or a pit in her stomach she'd rush towards the bathroom with a pregnancy kit with a wide grin and full of excitement but everytime she came out with her face hanging low in disappointment.
It had almost become a pattern now,one that was exhausting and draining.

Sid gently sat beside her on the bed and forced her head on to his chest.
In the initial days she'd wail and cry her lungs out,alerting everyone in the process but as the days went by,her sobs had become noiseless. Sid could feel the moisture soaking up on his shirt. He lightly grazed his fingers through her long smooth yet untamed hair.

Sana had drastically changed due to these problems. Self care came last or rather didn't even come in her priority list.
She'd always blame herself for not being able to conceive and felt like she had no right to be happy.
She tried to overdo things for sid and his family by preparing all the meals herself, pressing him and his family to let her do all their work. It was her way of overcompensating for the fact that she couldn't give them their bundle of joy-their progeny.

Sid made her look up to his eyes and rubbed off her teardrop by his big thumb.
Sid-"Sana it's okay. We have done our part. Now just leave it to destiny."

Sana pushed him away from herself and fresh warm teardrops started to cascade her rosy cheeks again.

Sana-"Ab kuch nahi hoga. Mujhme he koi galti hain. We've tried so much yet I couldn't give you the only thing you've ever desired from me. I'm the worst."

Sid-"Sana aisa kuch nahi hain. You've given me some of the most precious and cherished things of my life.
In fact you're everything I could've ever asked for. You've always made me wonder what is it that I've done to deserve someone as immaculate as you. You've filled my life with the hues that I was unaware even existed. You brought me out of the darkest time of my life. You held my hand and guided me through all the times that my temper got the best of me. You showed the greatest endurance and patience whenever I'd push you away. You were always there to coax me and kiss my pain away.
You're an angel in disguise of a daughter in law for my mom. After didi's marriage she was all alone. You brought back that curve on her lips that sets everything else straight. You are the one who always knows what she wants,whether it's time for her to take her tablets or if there's too much sugar in her diet or if wearing silk gives her allergies. You know every tiny detail about us no matter how insignificant it is. If you even go away for one day,everything goes haywire. All our routines get disrupted. You're what we want and you're what we need sana."

Sana-"kitna accha hota na agar bas hume woh ek cheez mil jati jiske liye hum itna intezaar kar rahe hain. Everything would be perfect then."

Sid-"Baby tu shaadi se pehle toh kitna bolti thi ki shaream bolti hu ki main shukla se pyar karti hu. Aur ab yeh bacche ko leke baith gayi. Baby mujhe bhi attention de do. Saare din tere peeche peeche ghumta hu aur tu hain ki mujhe bhav nahi deti." Sid said trying to divert her attention.