Chapter 6 - Jack Kelly

Crutchies POV

Jack Kelly had a habit of turning up when he was needed. Now was not one of those times.

Jack walked into Jacobi's with Katherine Pulitzer by his side. Typically this would be an amazing thing, Jack was practically my brother and with Katherine dating him we'd become pretty close as well, but right now, I sort of wished I could crawl under the table and die.

"So this is the infamous Jack Kelly", Clara smirked at him as Jack and Katherine pulled up a chair at our table.

"And you must be the famous Clara", he retorted back with somehow just as much sass.

Clara turned to face me, "ya been tellin' him 'bout me Crutchie?", she attempted to hide her blush behind a laugh.

"Oh yeah, literally wouldn't shut up about ya, kept me up all night if ya know what I'm saying". Jack winced as Katherine hit him in the shoulder, I buried my face in my hands out of pure embarrassment and Clara had tuned a bright red.

"Oh Clara", I said, in a desperate attempt to change the subject, "this is Katherine Pul-".

"Plumber", Katherine cuts me off and gives me a death stare, "Katherine Plumber, Jack's girlfriend". She smiled and shook hands with Clara across the table.

"Nice to meet you Katherine", Clara smiled sweetly. Well, every smile she did was sweet.

"We was just goin' to the fair", She paused and thought for a moment. "Would you guys like to join us?". She offered, grinning at me for back up.

"If youse is okay with it", Jack replied without a second thought.

"Sounds great", I laughed, grinning across the table at Clara, who was grinning straight back at me. God, this girl was going to be the end of me.