You cant be serious

Percy POV

It'd had been about two weeks since we'd recruited Belado, the Aztec hero. Our joy had been short lived however, as Chaos has informed us that there were no other heroes or divine beings left to recruit to fight alongside us. We were vastly underpowered against the threat of the third sibling and despite racking my brain for days; I couldn't think of a solution.

Morale had taken a heavy hit. The campers practiced half-heartedly and singalongs and other group activities stopped happening altogether. Everyone, mercenaries included, merely did their mandatory tasks and then went straight to their cabins to sleep. The various pantheons of gods began bickering amongst themselves again and Chaos was too demoralised to keep them in line.

The only good news was that Annabeth was performing exceptionally. After oratorically defeating all those who opposed her leadership; she'd whipped the geniuses gathered across space and time into fighting shape... or well "thinking shape" I guess. Hassan's weapon was in the final stages of preliminary testing and checks before it was ready to be used and the ship Annabeth was leading the creation of was still on schedule. None of us had the heart to tell her that we'd lose the fight anyway and so she kept working diligently.  We'd only let Hassan know yesterday when he told us his cannon was virtually done.

I was currently sitting in my cabin, playing on my Nintendo Switch  absentmindedly. It was a small pleasure of life that I would miss once the universe was destroyed. It wasn't in my nature to give up; everyday I spent hours thinking of ideas, brainstorming solutions. I wasn't having much luck though and even my morale was hitting rock-bottom.

Suddenly an iris message appeared on the wall to my right. I looked into it to see Annabeth, Hassan and Leo, all looking quite annoyed."How could you not tell me about this!" Annabeth shrieked, clearly angry. "I didn't want to demoralise your after all your hard work and to be honest I was still hoping I could come up with a solution." I muttered sheepishly. "Percy the greatest minds are here and you didn't even bother to consult us!" She responded bitterly. I hung my head in shame. I then fully registered that Leo was there.  "Leo what are you doing there?" I asked.

"Hassan and Annabeth came up with an idea and they called me to see if I could build the requisite technology." Leo responded, barely repressing a smile.

"What idea!" I spoke, jumping to my feet in excitement.

"There's not enough firepower for us to win. At least not at this movement. But we don't have to limit ourselves to this time. Or to our allies either."

"What are you saying... No you can't be serious!" I muttered in shock.

"Yes Percy." Annabeth said looking me straight in the eyes. "End, Kronos, Gaia, we have to go back in time and recruit them to fight with us."