Difficult Conversations

Percy POV
I slowly walked over to Annabeth. She stared at me expectantly but with a slight smile on her lips. "Are you more scared of the fight ahead or this conversation?" She laughed and I couldn't help smiling. I beckoned for her to follow me as we left the crewpit and headed to a private room which also functioned as a sleeping quarters.

I closed the door and sat down on the bed. Annabeth sat beside me. Beside I could say anything, she began to speak. "Percy, I know I haven't been the most reliable person. But before we were engaged, we were friends. I haven't been a good friend to you and I'm sorry. At least I can spend the rest of time making it up to you. I love you Seaweed Brain, eternally." She began tearing up as she spoke and after she was down talking; she looked away not meeting my eyes.

I took of my glove and carefully brushed the tears from her eyes and she smiled tearfully at me. "Truthfully, I've not been good to you either. I've been so damaged by losing so many people, so many betrayals and people letting me down. I've been scared to open up again. I didn't to you the first time and got distracted by feelings for Reyna. While End may have orchestrated that; some part of me should have realised what was going on. You wouldn't have joined End if I'd shown you the love you needed and deserved. I'm so proud of how strong you have shown yourself to be and you're the love of my life Wise Girl. Always have been, always will be. So let's start over. I held out my hand for a fist bump. "Friends?"

Annabeth smiled as she laughed and wrapped her arms around me before kissing me and pulling me down onto the bed...

Hassan POV.
I was still working the controls... well it was on autopilot. I had noticed Percy and Annabeth head off to a private room and I had a feeling I'd be in for a chat of my own soon. I was so absorbed in my fake display I didn't notice everyone else has left the room before it was just me and Reyna. I noticed her standing with her arms folded, but I pretended I was performing ship maintenance.

Suddenly I felt myself being slammed against a wall and felt Reyna's hands gripping my clothes. I could see the fire in her eyes, the strength and determination that made me fall in love with her in the first place.

"Enough of this! I am your wife and you are my husband. If you have a problem with me, then tell me about it! Don't just act cold and aloof, do you have any idea how much that hurts me! To feel like the man I love will never forgive me for betraying him once. I only joined End because he promised me you back! All my life, people have left me. Hylla joined the Amazons, Circe sent me away after the island was razed by Percy. The Romans got rid of me for my actions. You're all I have left and the person I love the most! Can't you see this is tearing me apart?!" Reyna screamed, as she gripped me harder and I noticed the tears streaming down her cheeks.

I felt a small part of my heart break and guilt flood through me as I realised how I'd been treating her. I moved my hands on top of hers and squeezed them. She looked up at me with shock, panic and hope all fused together. I looked her in the eyes. "You're right. I haven't been fair to you. But... it's not why you think." Reyna looked at me in shock and I gently pulled her hands off me but kept holding them, gently rubbing circles on them to soothe her.

"Reyna. You're the first girl I've ever loved. My feelings for you... they scare me. When you left me for Percy, I didn't know it was possible to be in such pain. Then when I came across you on the battlefield; my already broken heart shattered even more. Reyna when I wake up, I'm thinking of you. When I sleep it's the same.

Honestly when I lost you, it nearly broke me and that's why I've been so distant. I understand why you did what you did and honestly I may have done the same thing in your position. That scares me even more. But my feelings for you have never been in question. I love you Rey, I always will.

Reyna sobbed before pulling me into a kiss. After a few seconds, she then embraced me. As I held her, she whispered "Rey?" "I mean every other couple has cute nicknames for each other. What you don't like it?" I asked. "No... it's perfect. Rey. Does that make you Finn?" She responded as she nuzzled her head onto my shoulder.

"A Star Wars reference! I love you so damn much." I responded with a smile. Reyna laughed and then broke from my grip before smiling as she touched a panel on the wall, revealing a secret room. "How did you know I put that there?!" I exclaimed. "I'm your wife, I know you and I also read your ship plans." She then led me by the hand into the room...