Chapter 1: Missing

Naruto sat in his class, wondering why in the world he's been feeling so damn out of it every day since the beginning of his highschool.

He ended up looking beside him in class out of habit, but turned away when he saw some girl that he didn't really know much about.

He thought back on the days of his middle school, Sasuke always ended up seated next to him or close enough to him in class -due to their surnames and the fact that the seating order was alphabetically decided- he remembered bickering with Sasuke in between classes and making faces at him during classes.. Sasuke always annoyed the hell outta him but his entire childhood is filled with his memories of Sasuke...

It was as if....  He missed him......

"you miss Sasuke, don't you", now that startled the shit outta him!!

Naruto whiped his head around to find his one and only childhood friend, Haruno Sakura, smiling at him knowingly.

His eyes widened for just a millisecond before he came back to his senses and laughed - as if to prove how Impossible the statement was, "huh!? Of course i don't! Are you nuts?! I hate that guy!!", he turns in his seat to face her properly, "I'm so damn glad we're not in the same class, he's the most annoying jerk ever! Just his presence pisses me off!!", he makes a scrunched up face.

"sure sure.. Well, let's go have lunch, while you were spacing out all the morning classes ended", she says as she laughs walking away to the door, expecting him to follow.

"..i wasn't spacing out", Naruto weakly argues back as he follows right after.

He really didn't wanna admit that he was actually missing Sasuke, that doesn't make sense, he really did hate him after all. For as long as he can remember, he's always hated him. To be honest, it's more like he easily felt aggravated with the little things Sasuke did. So, he couldn't stand the sight of him. He really hated him so much.. So, there's no way he'd miss someone like him... Yeah.

Sasuke was pretending to text as he waited outside Naruto's classroom - as usual - but the blonde usually stayed in for lunch, this didn't stop Sasuke from waiting however, he'd still wait for the first ten minutes of lunch anyway, in hopes of getting at least a glimpse of Naruto.

It was a week since high school started and Naruto hadn't picked a fight with him once, he was lonely - to say the least.

He rarely got a glimpse of the blonde and when he does, he goes unnoticed, so today he was determined to get his attention at all costs.

Naruto came out, following after Sakura, and almost bumped into her when she suddenly stopped in her tracks.

Naruto was about to ask her what's up with her for stopping but noticed what she must have seen to stop - it was Sasuke, and now he was smirking his way - he could hear Sakura giggling beside him as he contemplated whether or not to go wipe that damned smirk off that teme's face.

"your boyfriend's here", Sakura giggled.

Going red, Naruto yells, "he is SO not!!", then in a softer voice, "don't say stuff that'll make rumors spread around again, geezz"

Sasuke was happy, so happy to see his blonde, he really missed him so much..

Naruto finally decides that it best to ignore Sasuke and his annoying smirk. So he walks away with a laughing Sakura trailing behind - and with Sasuke stalking right after.

Naruto walks into the cafeteria to find his classmates that he'd recently befriended, waiting at a table, and joins them with Sakura still giggling.

"he totally misses you too..", Sakura whispers, giggling to herself as she takes a seat- receiving a couple of questioning glances from their mutual friends.