Chapter 12: How He Died

Harry POV:

"Tell me about it," Percy asked. "Tell me about the Triwizard Tournament. Tell me about the graveyard."

We were in the competitor's common room on the fifth floor. It was late, my guess was that it was way passed midnight, but the memories of the day's activities were keeping us up. After I had left the infirmary (once Ron and Ginny had both recovered), we had all made our way towards the Great Hall. I was supposed to sit at the competitor's table along with the school teachers, but I chose instead to sit next to Ron. Hermione had left us both to eat with Ginny and Annabeth. 

After the food I had been forced to leave Ron, who was not happy about it, because my new dormitory was in the competitor's living area. It was like a very fancy, very new school house. There was a common room, separate dormitories for each school, four classrooms for us all to train and study in private, and even a kitchen area with our personal house elves. 

Throughout the night I made conversation with the other competitors. The Durmstrang crew were quiet and cold, choosing to leave for their beds long before the rest of us. The Beauxbatons' girls were quiet but friendly, but I had a slight suspicion they only really wanted to talk to Draco, myself and the boys from Goode. They lost interest in the conversation once Jason left for his bed, and soon after they were also gone. 

Ginny said she felt dizzy and left at midnight, followed by Hazel and Hermione. I sat on an armchair, making pleasent conversation with Percy, Draco, Nico, Luna and Annabeth when Percy asked the question. 

"What do you want to know about it?" I asked cautiously. 

"Everything," Nico chimed in. 

I sighed. 

"You've probably heard the story by now," I shrugged, but leaned forwards anyway to tell it. "The three competitors were Cedric from Hogwarts, Anaise from Beauxbatons and Danil from Durmstrang. They fought dragons in the first round - Danil won with flying colours, really. Cedric turned a rock into a dog to confuse his dragon, Anaise transfigured her dragon's tail into a snake and the thing attacked itself, and Danil used a charm to make himself fire-resistant. He got to the golden egg in under a minute because the dragon was too confused to work out why its fire wasn't working."

"Then in the second round," Luna continued. "The three of them had to swim in the black lake to retrieve a person they cared for most. Cedric used the bubble-head charm and won. Anaise used Gillyweed and came second. Danil got attacked by some merpeople and completely lost the competition."

"Finally they had the maze round," Draco continued. "It was literally just Cedric against Anaise at this point. Cedric found the cup first, transported back to us and that was it. Cedric became the biggest knob on the planet, though, so that was a shame."

I shoved Draco lightly on the shoulder, chuckling. 

"I think, you're missing out a very important chunk of the story there, mate," I laughed. 

"Oh, yeah," Draco sighed. "Well I suppose there was the whole Harry-getting-abducted-and-Voldemort-rising thing."

"What happened with that?" Annabeth leaned forwards in her seat. 

"Well, it kind of dates back to the year before," I sighed. "When Peter Pettigrew resurfaced and escaped, and Hermione and I saved Sirius Black from the Dementors. Well, Professor Lupin and Sirius weren't all that pleased that Pettigrew had escaped. They knew that he would try to bring back Voldemort. But the problem was that everyone thought Sirius was a mass-murderer, so he had to go into hiding. Instead, Professor Lupin and I spent almost all summer hunting down Pettigrew. We spent most of the school year doing it too, as the Triwizard Tournament was going on. Finally we found evidence that a dangerous Deatheater, Barty Crouch Junior, was at large. We hunted him down to no avail..."