Quite the Opposites Part 9

--Bridgett's Dream--

A field of green. That was the first thing I see when I opened my eyes.

Bridgett:I'm here again?

I look around but see no trees. I do see someone in the distance though. He seem to wear all black,oh,that's Brenton!

Bridgett:*runs toward him* Brenton!

As I get closer to him,I noticed that he was looking at the sky with his hands in his pockets. His tentacles were tied to a bun,but I see it gradually turning green as I get closer.

Brenton:Bridgett...

His voice,its not the same. That's not him,who is he?

Brenton:*turns his head to see her* Do you not remember me?

I gasp and put my hands on my mouth as I see his eyes and his tentacles like the Sanitized.

Brenton:*turns his body toward her* Of course not...

His body is full of holes with his ink dripping between them.

Bridgett:*scared* Wait,n-no...

I feel something in my hands and see it was an Octoshot. I look back at him and see him on his knees with his hand on his heart.

Brenton:*looks into her eyes* Why...?

His body drops to the ground as tears well up in my eyes.

Bridgett:*throws the Octoshot away and drops to her knees beside his body* No,no,wait! Brenton! Please,don't be dead! NO! PLEASE!

--Brenton's POV--

Bridgett:BRENTON!

I stand up immediately from my sleep and noticed Bridgett hyperventilating and looking around the room. She whips her head at me and immediately tackled me. She then sobs heavily as I'm still processing what's going on.

Brenton:*comforts* Hey,I'm here. You're not alone. No one will hurt you. It's going to be ok.

Bridgett calms down to a whimper. I rub her back and pat her head to help comfort her.

She must've had a nightmare.

Brenton:Nightmare?

Bridgett only nods as more tears fall from her eyes.

Brenton:*gently cups her cheeks* Can you tell me? | Bridgett:*sniffs* It's-It's about you. Dieing... | Brenton:It would take a lot of effort to take me down,love. | Bridgett:Bu-But,I was the one that ki--that killed you! You--(short quick breath)--You were Sanitized like the--the--the Octolings!

I quietly sigh as I contemplate what to do. I close my eyes as I made up my decision.

Bridgett:Brenton? | Brenton:Now,look. I'm going to show you something that is very secretive,and I will,and only show it to you and no one else,ok? | Bridgett:O-Ok...What is it? | Brenton:Will you promise to not freak out? | Bridgett:I promise...

I gently separate her and get my shirt off. I blush immediately but Bridgett blushed harder.

Bridgett:Brenton?!

I close I eyes as I trace back to my family's power and summon the one thing that makes us powerful in the air. Pain erupts from my back as I feel two appendages growing from my shoulder plates.

Bridgett:Wh-What...

The two appendages finished growing and making the necessary fibers to make who I am. A Draconazha...I look at Bridgett as she looks between my wings and me. I grab my shirt and put it back on as I make my wings disappear and reappear.