Quite the Opposites Part 28

--Brenton's POV--

I fly back to base and wait for the others to arrive. Marie looked at me weirdly and seems to be checking my form.

Brenton:Something wrong,Marie? | Marie:No,but...you seem...thicker? | Brenton:Thicker...? | Marie:Like...you know! | Brenton:I do work out a lot. | Marie:Nevermind.

I hear someone landing behind me with another following close. I turn around and see Sati and Bridgett waving each other.

Brenton:Hey,you two okay? | Bridgett:*her Zapfish peers from her back* Yup! | Sati:*her Zapfish floats around her* How about you? | Brenton:*my Zapfish dance on top of my head* Doing ok. | ???:Yahooooo!

Ember lands beside Sati and his Zapfish circles around him while pulsing with electricity.

Ember:Alright! Looks like you guys are already done. | Brenton:Aye. Ember,are you able to send all these guys back to the electrical plants? | Ember:Yeah. These guys know me. | Brenton:I'm thinking of saving some time. Sati,are you alright going to level 20 right now? | Sati:Yeah,sure. I got plenty of energy to spend. | Ember:Then I'm guessing that you and Bridgett will go to level 21? | Brenton:Yup. You ok with that,love? | Bridgett:Mhm! | Ember:Cool!  (whistles,then the Zapfish excitingly floats toward him) See you guys later!

Ember grows his wings and flew high into the air with the Zapfishes following close. We all nod to each other and super jump to Slimeskin Garrison. We land on our respective kettles and dive into it.

--Sati's POV--

Landing on the respawner,I look around the area and see the Zapfish's shine from here. I hear Sheldon's drones coming up behind me,so I jump up and grab the case.

Sheldon:OK,take this with you. It'll help me gather some practical battle data. This is a secret weapon that everyone wants to play with,the Hero Brella! Press the red button to shoot ink,or grip the handle tight to use the umbrella as a shield. Keep crushing the handle,and the brella will launch off,leaving a trail of ink behind it. It takes a bit of getting used to,but it's really powerful...and it looks super rad!

I aim the brella with one hand and fire a couple shots. I grip the handle tight and the unbrella pops out.

Sati:I can get behind this.

I walk to the edge of the platform and look down. Seeing another platform below,I drop down and go down the ramp as an Octarian teleports ahead of me.

Marie:Open your Brella to shield yourself,Agent 4!

I unfold the umbrella and block the Octarians ink shot. I put down my shield and dash toward him,closing the gap between us and splatting him.

Marie:I like to launch the brella out in front of me,then swim forward through the ink!

I go down the ramp and destroy some boxes to clear the way. Three more Octarians teleported into the area and I throw a Splat Bomb at them. They all try to run away but one of them got splatted. I quickly close in on the other two and shot a couple blasts of ink,splatting them.

I let out a sigh and look around. There's a vault just ahead of me,and to my right,some platforms that lead to somewhere. To my left,some more platforms with a Flooder on one of them. I go to my right and go up a ramp. Seeing the ground covered in enemy ink,I raise my brella and get ready. I ink the ground to make it passable,but an Octarian popped out of the enemy ink. I quickly dodge to the side and splat the Octarian while more of them pops out of the ink.

Marie:Enemies pop up out of nowhere? Protect yourself with the brella!

I dodge and weave around the ink shots from the Octarian as I splat the Octarians. After splatting the last of them,I hear the sound of an Octosniper coming out of his ink. I quickly bring up my shield and block his shot. The power behind the shot pushed my shield to the side,so I had to dodge-roll to some cover as the sniper takes another shot.