Quite the Opposites Part 22

--Ember's POV--

We grow our wings and head off to Inkopolis to return the Zapfish. I give directions to Sati to return her Zapfish back,and around 30 minutes later,we return to Octo Canyon.

Marie:You two did good today,get some rest. It's starting to get dark.

We both nod and I snap my finger,changing our clothes. We say our goodbyes and leave the Octo Canyon. Leaving out of the manhole,I crawl out and check the surroundings. I tap on the manhole and Sati came out. We nod at each other and walk out of the alleyway and start blending in...

--Brenton's POV--

Tom:Now carefully get the vial and put it in the little canister over there.

I get some tweezers and picked up the vial filled with the blood that we collected on the roof. I put in into the small canister that is connected to a computer and it started to read the dna. I put down the tweezers and start reading the data. Me and Bridgett are inside the lab below the police station and I'm helping Tom and Chris analyze the blood. Bridgett in the meantime is just watching with curious eyes.

Chris:As I predicted,these are Octoling blood. I guess Marina's right,maybe DJ Octavio really is behind this. Bridgett,you have any idea why he's doing this? | Bridgett:Hm? What do you mean? | Chris:I checked your records. Bridgett used to be a high-ranking Octoling commander until she suddenly disappeared. You,Brenton,you just appeared out of nowhere. Quite mysterious,right...?

Marina:*enters the lab* Hey,so what did you guys found out? | Brenton:Hm,well,the blood we just analyzed do belong to Octolings. So you're right that DJ Octavio might be behind this. | Marina:Really? Oh no...I hope Callie is fine! | Brenton:Does Octavio do this a lot,Bridgett? | Bridgett:Um,as far as I know,he doesn't.

Chris:I do have a question though. | Marina:What is it? | Chris:I checked the records on these two,but Brenton seemed to have just appeared out of no-where. How is that? | Marina:Oh! He's born from a village far from Inkopolis! | Chris:How did he end up here? | Brenton:Lots of travelling. Somehow end up in a metro station where I met Bridgett. I still can't remember how I got down there though. | Chris:*hums long,showing disbelief* (sigh) Then,I'm guessing,that you somehow got Marina to make a file for you so you can live here,right? | Brenton:Mhm. | Chris:Ok then,I believe you.

Tom:You three should back to your homes. It's starting to get dark. We'll continue tomorrow. | Marina:Alright then. Let's go guys! | Bridgett:Yay!

I nod and follow Marina to her limo. The driver lets us in and we head off to our house first.

Marina:Sorry about Chris,he like to be a bit nosy to people like you,Brenton. | Brenton:It's ok. I figured someone like him would question the documents that you created for me to live here. I'm more surprised that he didn't try to do anything to Bridgett since she used to be a commander.

Driver:Mrs. Ida,we are at your friend's house. | Marina:Thanks Alfred!

Marina:See you two tomorrow! Have a good night tonight! | Brenton:You too,Marina. | Bridgett:Bye,Marina!

We leave the limo and wave goodbye to Marina. The limo drives back to Pearl's Mansion as we enter the house. Bridgett was the first one at the couch,so I lay down with my head on her lap.

Bridgett:Tired,honey? | Brenton:Little bit. Can still cook dinner for you,love. | Bridgett:I'll cook this time,you worked hard today,and all I did was studying how you,Tom,and Chris analyze the blood. I still don't get why you will not eat vegetables! They're good for you! | Brenton:I got it from my Dad,and my Dragon blood allows me to get a lot more nutrients from meat. | Bridgett:So you're quiet literally just a carnivore? | Brenton:Yup. | Bridgett:*tease* Then...do I taste good? | Brenton:Yeah.