Chapter 5

The next morning Margo got up before I did. I didn't sleep at all but I also didn't want her to get suspicious so I got up and showered.

My eyes were puffy and red. 

"Guys come look at this!" Margo shouted.

We all came to the living room and Margo had the news on tv.

"Police are looking for anyone with information on Wall Street billionaire Howard Santiago who was found dead on a bus stop here in front of this convenience store in Granada Falls. The person who discovered Howard was a bus driver who thought he looked familiar and tried to wake him. When Howard would not wake up, the bus driver called the authorities. If you have any information about this case Granada Falls police department urge you to come forward." 

Me, Denver, and Star were stuck. 

"Did you three do this?" Margo questioned, a serious look on her face.

"No. Of course not. We told you we stopped." Denver lied.

"I don't believe you." Margo shook her head.

Now I know some of you might not like this next part but trust me she would've found out with what happened after this whole thing.

"We did it." I mumbled.

She sat down holding her head in her hands.

"The one time I ask you guys to not do something and you do it, and now somebody is dead." Margo spoke in a low tone.

"We just wanted to do it one last time before we stopped for good." Star squeaked, tears running down her face.

"No! You were going to continue to do it until I caught you!" Margo shouted.

"Arguing isn't going to change what we did." Denver sighed.

Then someone knocked on the door.

I got up and went to the front door praying it wasn't the police.

I opened it and it was a woman. She was curvy and wore a fitted dress and heels.

"Aracely Goldston?" She questioned.

I nodded fearing of how this woman knew my first and last name.

She handed me three matte burgundy envelopes and turned around walking away.

I closed the door and looked down at the envelopes. Each one had a name on it in gold cursive letters.

Araceli

Star

Denver

I handed Denver and Star their envelopes.

"What the hell is this?!" Denver looked at the envelope.

"I don't know let's open them." I rolled my eyes.

I flipped the envelope over and it was sealed with a golden seal, a Z in the middle.

I popped the seal and read my letter out loud.

Good Morning Lovelies. You may not know who I am, but you will know in due time. Come to 1443 NW Madhouse Lane at 10 pm tonight. No company. Disobedience won't be tolerated. Make sure to bring these envelopes as they are the only thing that assure me you are who you claim to be. 

Don't disappoint- Mme Z

"Who the hell is M M E Z?" Denver frowned.

"I don't know but she knows who we are." I turned the envelope over but it was blank.