Chapter 18

After reuniting with Ailita the atmosphere was different. Everyone had questions including me and her.

"How did you find her? How did you know about her?"  I shot my questions at Madame Zay as I dried my eyes.

"Like I said, I have been watching the four of you for quite some time. But I've also been doing my research. I've known about Ailita since before I approached you all. I sent people out to look into it and I found that Ailita was sitting in some foster care system waiting to age out. So I did as much as I could to adopt her and bring her home to you, Aracely." Madame Zay explained.

I just looked at Ailita who nodded at me confirming Madame Zay's story.

"But that doesn't explain how she didn't die!" Star put her hand on her hip.

"When our Aunt hit me over the head and took me to the hospital, I acted like I was unconscious. I thought that the police would take both of us away from the house. Once we got to the hospital and the doctor told me everything our Aunt had told him, I spilled everything. He told me she would never hurt me again and told me he would try his best to get me out of the house. I told him he had to get you out too and he said he would try. After a couple days a woman came. Her name was Liz Saldina. She was a social worker and she told me that my days of being abused were over. I was put into foster care where I had spoke to her almost everyday about you but by the time she actually went to check up on you, you and our Aunt were gone. After that I just lost all hope. Then, Madame Zay came and told me she knew you. I almost cried when she adopted me and told me I'd get to reunite with you. And here we are now." Ailita wrapped her arms around me again.

"See? I'm not the bad guy. I bring families together and I give kids like you all a second chance. It may not be the chance you want but it's the money you need. Now, I think you three owe me, Aracely, and Ailita an apology." Madame Zay smirked.

They all looked at each other, then at her, then at me, then Ailita.

"I sincerely apologize for thinking that you were this vicious mean queen pin and it will never happen again." Denver bowed down in front of Madame Zay.

"I'm sorry too." Margo looked at the three of us.

"I'm sorry but I don't do apologies." Star shrugged plopping down on the couch.

"You sure, because I could make life very hard for you." Madame Zay got in Star's face.

Star kindly rolled her eyes.

"Ok. You you've got some balls. But mine are bigger." Madame Zay winked.

She went to her desk and pulled out a burner phone.

"Yes. Disobedience is a go. Target? Star Elvis." Madame Zay spoke to the person on the phone.

Everyone's eyes went wide and Star looked like she was secretly regretting her decision to go against Madame Zay. 

Madame Zay put the phone down and looked at Star.

"Still wanna go against me?" Madame Zay crossed her legs looking smug.

"I'm not apologizing." Star still didn't back down.

"STAR!" The rest of us yelled at her.

"Fine by me, love." Madame Zay picked the phone back up.

"It's a go." Madame Zay winked.

She got off the phone and went to pour herself another lass of wine.

"Ugh you stupid bitch!" Star screamed as she charged Madame Zay.

Swiftly, Madame Zay poured her wine while grabbing Star around the neck.

Everyone watched in shock.

Star's face was turning red from lack of oxygen but Madame Zay kept her hold on her as she drank her wine down.

Star began to turn blue and Denver stood up.

"Let her go! She's gonna die!" Denver yelled.

"You shut your mouth before I let this higher than thou having attitude little girl actually die." Madame Zay spat.

She then turned attention onto Star.

"You listen up you weak ass wannabe mean girl. I've had headaches that are meaner and more of a bitch than you. Don't for a second think that you scare me. I could have your ass killed and not think twice about it. Now I've been lenient enough with you and this attitude, but you try me again and I'll cut your bitter tongue out. Now get out of my sight before I make an example out of you, bitch." Madame Zay released her grip from Star's neck and she dropped to the ground coughing.

"Now all of you get the hell out of my house, and if the four of you ever rush up in here again demanding I help you, I'll shoot you and have your bodies buried anywhere in the country I like. Aracely, Ailita, why don't you hang back for a second." Madame Zay sat at her desk.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I'm gonna need the two of you to drop this off to the police station." She pulled up a big black box.

"What's in the box?" Ailita questioned.

"Don't worry your heads about that. I just need you to drop it off and don't open. I'll know if you did." She pushed the box towards us.

"Ok." I agreed.

We took the box and left the house. Everyone was waiting by the car.

"What's in the box huh? A gift from her?!" Star cried angrily.

"Don't worry about it. I'm coming to get my stuff from the house later." I sighed putting the box in my trunk.

"What so your moving out? And going where huh? Back to her?" Margo fired questions at me.

"Don't talk to her like that." Ailita stepped in front of me.

"Awww and the sister that's been dead for three years is assuming her little duty right beside her twin. This is great." Star chuckled.

"You didn't have all that mouth when Madame Zay was choking you out." Ailita winked.

"Woah! Everybody just relax! We are all friends here!" Margo stepped in between Star and Ailita.

"No, you three are friends me and Ailita are done with this." I folded my arms.

Margo looked taken back.

"So that's it your just gonna give up on us? On me?" Margo took my hand.

"You made it easy when you gave up on me." I took my hand out of hers and went to my car.

Me and Ailita drove off headed to the police station not knowing what we were doing.

But I know now.