childhood bully

CCPD
The Next Day

Joe was at his desk, watching the integration of young Barry Allen tape when his mother got murdered. "There was lightning in my house. Yellow and red lightning. There was a man in yellow, then I was on the street. I don't know how I got there. Please, you have to believe me!" Then Barry & Mon approached Joe, so he closed his computer and took out his headphones. "Hey. What happened to you last night?" Joe asked.

"Got beat up by a steel-plated sociopath. Good times," Barry explained. "So he is a meta-human?" Joe asked. "Yep. That bastard," Mon said.

"That particle accelerator's the gift that keeps on giving. You okay?" Joe asked. "Relatively. Any idea who he is?" Barry asked.

"Eddie's taking point while I run down a lead. I need you two work with him until I get back," Joe said. "Wait, why us?" Mon asked.

"Because he saw something impossible that he's got questions about, questions that I can't answer," Joe said.

"In other words, say some science gibberish to throw him off?" Mon asked and Barry gave him a look. "Yes," Joe said before he walked off.

Captain's Office

Singh was handing out files to everyone, explaining the case they had. "He stole the Humvee and evaded capture," he said as Barry walked in, with Mon behind him. "So pleased you could join us, Mr. Allen. Rough night?" Singh said. "Uh, just a little beat, sir," Barry said.

"As I was saying, our perp yanked three ATMs after he boosted the vehicle. Atm security cameras caught him on video. We got a hit in the database. Tony Woodward. He's got a history of violence, petty theft, assault, going way back to juvie. Dropped off the radar a little over two years ago, Looks like he's back," Singh explained but Barry knew the name, Tony Woodward. He was Barry's school bully.

Flashback

When Barry & Iris were 11-years-old, they were walking down the school hallway as Barry was nerding out. "Increased pressure produces increased heat, and if you don't release it, you get combustion," Barry informed Iris but she didn't really understand it.

"I don't know how you remember all this stuff, Barry," she said as they turned the corner. "Because he's a little freak, just like his old man," younger Tony said, getting in Barry's face. "Don't talk about my dad," Barry said.

"Or what? Is he gonna murder me, too?" Tony asked before he pushed Barry into some lockers. "Looks like you were born to take a beating, Allen," Tony said before he walked away.

Present Day

Barry was staring into nothing, remembering the memory, when Mon & Eddie started to shake him out of his staring. "Allen," Eddie said.

"Hey, Barry. Wake up for La-Kara-Land," Mon said and Barry glared at him. Then they started to walk out of the office.

"Listen, I saw something last night I just can't get my head around," Eddie said. "Uh-huh. Like- Like what?" Mon asked. "I fired a dozen rounds at our car thief, and it was like they sparked off of him," Eddie explained.

"Huh, well, I mean, he must have been wearing some kind of body armor," Barry assured. "On his face?" Eddie asked.

"Um...," Barry started to mumble but then Iris & Kara walked in, which neither Barry nor Mon were expecting to be there, but Mon was about to have fun to watch Barry get nervous around Kara.