electrical shock

CCPD: Barry's Lab

Barry walked in to find Kara waiting there patiently, holding a folder. "Hey," Barry said and Kara looked at him with a big grin.

"Hi," she said.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Look, Barry, I know it's not a good time. I mean, lately, it never seems to be a good time, but I need you to listen to me right now. Like...like, really listen to me," Kara explained and Barry stared at her with confusion in his eyes.

"Of course. Whatever you need to tell me, I'm listening," Barry said and Kara smiled.

"Okay, I mean, I know this is gonna sound really crazy at first, but...I think I figured out what has been going on in Central City. All those people with powers. I've been wondering how they got these powers out of no where but I think it all goes back to the night The Particle Accelerator exploded," Kara explained before she gave the folder to Barry, who didn't know how to respond.

"I have gone through every bit of information that I've collected since I started my blog...Every tip, every rumor, every strange sighting. Nothing predates the explosion. Whatever was released into the atmosphere that night, I think it changed people...Caused them to have powers. And I think that S.T.A.R. Labs knew about it. I think the Burning Man worked there, and I think that that's how The Flash got his powers too. So what do you think?" Kara asked and Barry looked up at her.

"I...I don't know. I mean, it's...it's interesting. Yeah, it's interesting. It's...there's...there's just...A big hole in your theory. Um, you know...I was affected by whatever was released by the explosion, and I don't have any powers," Barry explained.

"Obviously," Kara said.

"Right, yeah," Barry said.

"Look, I mean, I know that it's...It's really mind-blowing," Kara said as Barry bit the inside of his mouth.

"Uh, I...Yeah, okay, look. I'm gonna...let me read over all of this stuff, and we'll definitely talk about it later. I promise. Just...I mean, this is crazy," Barry said as he started to back out of the lab. "Yeah, okay, just let me just go through it, and we'll talk later, all right?" He finished before he walked out before Kara could even say anything.

"Okay. I love you," she mumbled. She frowned to herself before she glanced over to Barry's desk, and picked up a picture of her & Barry. She smiled as she thought back to when Barry was in his coma.

Flashback
STAR Labs
Cortex

Barry was asleep, hooked up to many machines, as Kara was sitting down in a chair, next to him, staring at him. "Hey, Barry. It's Kara. I don't know if you can hear me, but I hope you can, because I really, really need you to wake up. Like, the other day, I had to watch Mon-El realize he was completely smitten about Iris, and couldn't do anything about it. Or say anything about it. He obviously got mad at me because I didn't tell him before that it was so obvious that he was into her. But Iris is just as into him, but won't do anything about it because she's dating Detective Pretty Boy," Kara explained before she chuckled to herself. But her laughter died down, and she suddenly got sad.

"I suddenly feel so empty without you here. Everything is really quiet. I know what happened to your mom was awful, and I could relate to you because of my parents, but Barry, just for those couple of days, you made me feel at home again, after so many years of feeling like I had no place here. You brought a light to my world. Iris's world. Joe's world. Everyone's world. We need you. I need you," Kara explained before she tried to grab his hand but an electrical shock zapped her.