Chapter 5

Louis' POV
Makenna fell asleep on my shoulder as we watched Grownups 2 in the living room.

"If we want to take a run in wolf form we should go now, while she's asleep." I told the guys as I gently laid her on the couch.

The guys nodded and headed to the door. I pulled a blanket over her and kissed her forehead before heading out the door and shifting. We ran a lap around the perimeter of our territory before heading back towards the house.

We were only a a quarter of the way back when we heard twigs snap behind us. I whipped around and growled in the direction of the sound.

A large wolf emerged from the brush and stepped towards me. I sniffed the air.

A rouge. A rouge was on our land. The boys growled and started walking towards the wolf slowly.

Mate! Must protect mate! My wolf growled at me.

I quickly mind linked the boys and told them to kill the rouge while I ran back to the house.

I busted open the door and saw Makenna still fast asleep on the couch.

I hopped onto the couch and stood above Makenna and crouched down slightly. Just as male wolves do in the wild when their mates are threatened. I am larger than her in wolf form so if you were looking from above you wouldn't be able to see her.

I put my ears back and growled at the door. Waiting for the rouge to show up or the boys to come back.

I was to distracted by growling at the door that I didn't hear the cries coming from my mate below me.

"L-louis?" She whimpered while looking up at me with tears in her eyes. "Is that you?"

I immediately stopped growling and put my ears down. I let out a dog whine and pushed my nose into her neck. She calmed down a bit and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I didn't meant to scare her.

I pulled back and licked her nose. She smiled slightly. She had tears running down her face but she still looked stunning.

I shifted back to human form so that I was straddling her hips and had my arms on either side of her head.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't meab to scare you." I whispered.

"It's okay." She whispered.

I put my head in the crook of her neck and gently kissed my mark. Goosebumps rose on the spot and I smirked into her neck before gently kissing her forehead.

"Louis?"

"Yes?" I replied while looking at her.

"If your not wearing clothes you have 3 seconds to get off." She said with a slight jokingness to her tone.

"Sorry, love. I kinda have to stay here." I smirked at her.

"Why is that?" She gave me a curious look.

"I'll explain later. I need you to stay where you are while I shift back to wolf form. Okay?" I told her. I don't know if the rouge is gone yet and I can't protect her in human form.

"Why can't I get up. Why do I have to stay under you." She started sitting up but I pushed her back down.

"Just trust me alright?" I pleaded.

She gave me a harsh stare but didn't argue. I kissed her head before shifting back and looking at the door. I glanced back at Makenna to see her curled in a ball under the thin blanket.

After a few minutes I heard her breathing even out. I stayed there for another 10 minutes before I started to notice her shivering. I crouched down so I was almost laying on her to try and warm her.

She stopped shivering and continued sleeping peacefully.

I heard footsteps coming from outside and immediately stood up a bit and bared my teeth at the door.

The door swung open to reveal the boys, still in wolf form.

Did you kill him? I asked through mind-link.

Yes, but there could be more. We didn't see any though. Replied Harry

Ok, go shift and put some clothes on.

They darted up the stairs while I climbed off the couch.

I shifted and picked up Makenna. She snuggled into my chest subconsciously and I smiled down at her. I tucked her in bed so she would be warm then threw on some boxers.

I looked at the clock to see that it is already midnight and I could hear the boys snoring in their rooms.

I laid down and pulled Makenna to me.

She put her hand on my chest while I entangled our legs with my arms around her.

"I love you my little mate." I whispered in her ear. She subconsciously cuddled closer to me and I couldn't help but grin.

I fell into a wonderful sleep with my mate safe in my arms.
******************

A/N~ hope u guys liked the chapter! Sorry it's so short. It's just a filler chapter. Hope you are all having a good holiday!