Chapter 41

*HAYES POV*
"Mom you can't do that!" I felt like I was going to cry, "Mom i love her."

"You don't know what love is." She mumbled

"Yes i do! Are you really going to do this?"

she sighed, "Yes Hayes!. I'm overwhelmed with her. Look at you..."

"It wasn't her fault. I swear."

"I don't care Hayes. Don't talk to her."

"Why?"

"Because she ruined you."

She pushed it when she said that. i'm not going to stop seeing her. I need her in my life because without her I will go crazy.

"She didn't ruin me. I need her you can't make me stay away from her."

"I can try." And with that she turned around and walked away.

*SAMS POV*
I just got another text from my mom again.
"We are only staying for a few hours :(. Got another offer for great money!"

Isn't that nice. They care about me so much. They can't even be home with me for one day.

I decided not to respond to my mom. Instead I called Hayes. It rang three times and it went to voicemail. Why wasn't he answering my call? Its been an hour since he's went home I hope everything is ok... I texted him asking him what he's up to. Then there was a knock at my window. Why is someone knocking on my window? Shouldn't people use the door? I turned and saw Hayes so I opened it and he jumped into my room.

"Hey," I said "I tried calling you and I texted you..." He didn't say a word he just hugged me.

"Hello to you too. You ok?"

He sniffles and his eyes were watering, "I love you." he grabbed my hands and looked at the floor.

"Hayes whats going on?"

"I'm not aloud to see you anymore... I love you I don't want to leave you." he hugged me and i was in shock. I had no idea what was going on.

"you're leaving me?" water begins to form at the brim of my eyes

"I have to."

"no. your not I wont let you!" I start crying and he just looks away, "you dont love me?"

"Sam baby... I love you more than anything,"

"Then why are you doing this to me. Hurting me like this..." I can barely form a sentence

"I don't want to hurt you. It's my mom Sam... she said I have to stay away..."

"And you're going to just drop me like that because your mother is mad? oh my gosh I can't believe this. I thought you loved me."

"What? Don't make this my fault. Like this is what I want to do. I do love you don't start turning the tables on me." I believe every word he's saying. I just need him to go. Looking at him and knowing thats all I can do is making this worse.

"Just go Hayes. I can't do this."

"Can we try?"

"Try what?"

"To just hide from my mom. I love you and it's not just hard on you to do this."

"But what if we get caught?"

"Then we run off to Upstate New York like you've always wanted." He smiles at me proud of the fact he remembered where I wanted to live when I got older.

"I'm serious." I frown at him and he picks me and lay us both on the bed.

"It's worth trying if we get caught worst thing is we only see each other at school and have to make out in the janitors closet at lunch." My cheeks turn hot at the mention of a janitors closet.

"Oh my, Hayes I can't believe you just said that."

"I've thought about it before."

"You haven't!" I playfully slap his arm

He smiles."You're so beautiful."

"Hayes." I cover my face to hide its redness

"Don't cover your face babe." he pulls my hands and looks right into my eyes.

"Is this going to work out Hayes." I can't help but second guess this sneaking around idea. My mind starts to race and I think I know that maybe going our separate ways is better. He needs to forget about me and move on. His mother doesn't aprove of me and it's disrespectful of me to try and force this relationship.

"Yes it will. It has to. I can't be without you."

"You can." I place my hand on his cheek so I can hold his face, "I'm useless to you Hayes. You know it. I'm only pulling you back." I blurt the words out thinking it will convince him that its true.

"Baby. I don't like when you talk about yourself in that way. You're not useless you know that. What's gotten into you?"

"I just don't want to disrespect your mother Hayes. She cares about you and she already doesn't like me and pushing this will only make her hatred for me worse."

"She doesn't hate you. Stop putting yourself down. I love you and I'm going to make this work." He kisses my cheek

"Hayes do you think it's better if we hide it from everyone? Because anyone of your fans can snap a picture and your mother can see it in seconds."

"Don't overthink it."

"I don't know Hayes. Why don't you just talk to your mother and see if she was just mad and maybe she changed her mind."

"Fucking Christ! Sam just go with it! Everything will be fine. You can't keep worrying about every single bump in life! That's not living!" I have never heard Hayes curse before, especially in such a way where he was aiming it directly at me. I'm slightly taken back at his words.

"I'm sorry." I mumble

"No I'm sorry. Come here." he wraps his arm around my body and makes cirlces on my back. "I'm sorry for snapping at you."

"It's fine. I'm sorry for making you snap." we both sigh

"So are you in?"

"Sure."