Parade

Finally, the train started slowing down. She sat up and look out the window for the first time gaping at the massive buildings and beautiful scenery. Never before had she seen anything like this in her entire life. All the structures seemed to be shimmering with artificial glow engulfing her in awe. A voice from outside her door broke her from her gazing, "Come on you don't what to keep the crowds waiting."

She emerged from her bedroom at the same time Sharon did. She tried to fix her bed hair, but her hair had a mind of its own.

"Come, come now remember put a smile on that face and wave. This way," Demtriss proclaimed.

Demtriss guided them down the halls and to the door. Ruby glanced quickly at Sharon who had the most convincing smile that almost made her think that he was actually happy to be here, but how could anyone be excited for the dreaded Games except the careers who trained their entire short lives cut off by the Games unless they won which one of them did almost every year. After turning her head back to the door, she thought she saw a glimpse of Miora standing in the corner.

The door opened and a flood of screams filled the absolute quiet room. She put on the most pleasant smile she could muster on her face and followed after Demtriss. Applauding and shouts we're made once she stepped out, out into a whole new world to her. By pushing and shoving she made her way after the woman that drew her name just hours before. Hours it felt like an eternity. She could sense that Sharon was behind her, but she didn't dare look.

They entered another tall building something that she again had never seen before, passing by others that looked like that might be tributes. Some of them made her hope they weren't. She was guided or pushed into a room in the massive buildings. She had barely time to take in her surroundings, shiny metal that reflects light every way you look at it and colored bodies and painted faces all around her, before she was whisked into an empty room with an examination table you would see most likely see in a hospital.

Three people whom she assumed are the prep team enter the room and situate her on the table instructing her to strip the clothes off her body. Ruby never felt so vulnerable so naked as when she was laying on that cushioned bed. Although she wasn't ashamed by her curves, she had never pure naked in front of strangers or anyone other than her mom and dad when she was younger. They scrubbed, cleaned, and waxed till her body literally shown and all the hair she never knew she had we're removed.

Finally, after they seemed pleased with her, they all left the room. Ruby wanted something anything to cover her body with and she hoped that would not leave her like this. She would be totally mortified having her naked body shown to the entire nation. Thankfully her fears we're crushed when a woman come in holding a red dress; it shown just like fire in the night. The Capitalized lady told her to close her eyes while she dressed her and finished off her look.

"My name is Peoria by the way. It is so nice to meet you. I love all my district 10 tributes very, very much. I will help you the best I can not only as your stylist but also as a friend if you will let me. I try treat my models as human beings rather than to treat them like lambs about to be put to the slaughter," she stated. Something about her voice and made Ruby feel more at easy.

After a little studying of the woman she found her voice again and replied, "So you will help me." For the first time someone wanted to help.

"Yes, now the tributes outfits normally reflect their district, but when I heard your name, I couldn't put you in some district 10 outfit," she said softly. The sound was calming to Ruby, different and kind compared to the recent encounters. Although she looked like a person from the Capital, she didn't act like it. Even her gestures were simply and calming.

"What about my name?" her curiosity peaked.

"Just open your eyes and you will see," she whispered in her ear.