Chapter 2

*The next day*
I wake up from the alarm going off. It beeps so annoyingly that I tend to throw my phone on the floor. But unfortunately I still need it. Very much needed.

When I put my feet on the cold floor, I'm immediately awake. I walk to my wardrobe and see what I'm going to wear. When I have chosen that, I walk to the mirror and put on a bit of mascara.

With a sigh I pick my bag up and walk downstairs. As always, my mother is reading the newspaper and Nola is waiting by the coffee machine. I really need that too. I already predict that I will not get a bite through my throat. As much as I would like to.

Sure enough, I've been staring at my food for fifteen minutes and now I'm done with it.
I put on my shoes and find my things together.

Nola: "Yas are you coming?"
She is at the door with the car keys in her hand.
Just before I leave the house I say goodbye to my mother, but I don't get a response, as usual.

*At school*
Nola has parked the car for a while and is waiting for me to get out. The whole ride I sat next to her in a silence. My head is working overtime again as usual.

Nola: "You can do it. I trust in you."
I roll my eyes, I also know that she means it sweet, but it does not come in that way.
I take a deep breath and gather my courage.
Yasmine: "Okay, bye until this afternoon." I say with a fake smile and I push the door open.

When I walk into the school I feel so looked at. This is not at all for me. Why didn't I tell Maeve that I come today? Then at least I had someone who can show me around.

I've been looking for my locker in this gigantic school for 10 minutes. Then I decide to ask. I walk to the reception, where I have already walked by 3 times, and ask her to show me the way. She is a friendly older woman named Trish who wants to help me with love.

Trish: "Enter this hall and keep walking straight. Your locker is on the right." She says pointing to the long hall.
Yasmine: "Thank you, I will find it."
She turns and walks back to the reception.

I walk down the hall and pay attention to the locker numbers. Which makes me bump into someone.

Yasmine: "Oh, sorry I didn't mean to." I say as I pick up his book.
???: "Doesn't matter gorgeous."

He shouldn't have said that! That is not said to me. I can't take it like that. He doesn't even know me! I don't easily let people into my life, but this is not going to help.
But still I ignore him and roll my eyes. I hand over the book and am a little surprised by his length. It takes a while for my eyes to look into his. He has beautiful hazel green eyes and his blond hair falls down his face.
He just keeps staring at me and it drives me a little crazy.

Yasmine: "Take a picture that's more helpful." I say with a slightly mean tone.
His eyes look at me in surprise.
???: "May I?"
Me: "Dude no! Iewl!"
My irritation level is starting to rise and I really can't stand it. He pretends I didn't shout at him.
???: "I think you're new here, aren't you? I'm Ruel, by the way."
I roll my eyes and sigh.
Yasmine: "Don't talk to me anymore." I say as I walk away from him.

I think he's watching me, because I can feel a few eyes burning in the skin of my back.

I found my locker and when I close it the school bell rings. Well that will be something, I do not know the way here and then I have to find a local. Logical sequences have not been considered here either.

I walk through the corridors and fewer and fewer people remain. I panic slightly, but I remain calm enough.
When I find the classroom five minutes late, I walk in.

Teacher: "Yasmine Gray, you are late."
Yasmine: "Sorry I couldn't find it."
Teacher: "Doesn't matter, nice to have you here. Sit down."

I look around the classroom and my eyes fall on the boy in the back sitting next to the empty table.
Not him again! You can't think I have math with this guy.
My gaze goes from kind to irritated. I walk to the back, throw my bag on the table and plop down on my chair. I get a few glances at me, but I don't care at all. Better that they start hating me right now, then I don't have to fight them off myself.

Ruel: "Your name is Yasmine, my name is-" I start rolling my eyes again when he starts talking to me again and interrupts his sentence.
Yasmine: "Ruel, I know. I'm not stupid. And I told you to shut up, or had you forgotten that?"

I put my bag on the floor and sit back with my arms folded.

To my surprise he keeps his mouth shut and I try to take a little bit of the lesson. But soon I realize that he is staring. Can't do that guy normal for a few seconds and don't annoy me.
I turn to look at him angrily.

Yasmine: "If you don't stop staring now, I staple your eyes close."
He starts laughing softly which makes me even more angry.
Yasmine: "I mean it, sucker."
Ruel: "Wow calm down gorgeous."
Yasmine: "Don't call me that!" I say as I wave my arm.
Teacher: "Yasmine first warning."

I drop my arms on the table, causing a loud noise. I just don't agree.
Yeah, maybe I'm yelling at him, but he is the reason for that.

The lesson is over and I'm getting out of there as fast as I can. He hasn't talked to me anymore but I did catch a few looks from him.
Ruel: "You don't just get rid of me, do you know that?"
Yasmine: What do you mean?
Ruel: "You are in the main group with me, so there are only a few lessons that I am probably not there."
Yasmine: "You're talking nonsense."
Ruel: "Yas I mean it."

Is he seriously going to give me nicknames now?!
He walks away from me and I keep walking a behind him because we have English so I have to go to the same room.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket so I answer it.
Yasmine: "With Yasmine."
Maeve: "Why didn't you tell me you were coming here?" It sounds like screaming she is so enthusiastic.
Yasmine: "Wow it hurts my ears. You scream to hard."
Yasmine: "Wait a minute, how do you know that?"
Maeve: "Skyler saw you this morning."
Yasmine: "Then why didn't she come to me?"
Maeve: "You were talking to someone, she said."
I sigh at the thought of him.
Yasmine: "That was far from my intention to start a conversation with him."
Maeve: "Since when have you been here? How's Blake?"
I don't feel like doing all those questions right now. Moreover, I should not lose sight of Ruel, how much I would really like to. But I have to follow him.
Yasmine: "Do you mind if I visit you during the lunch break? I shouldn't get lost now."
Maeve: "Good, see you soon."
I hang up and walk towards English.

Ruel: "She was very excited that you were there." He says over his shoulder.
I look at him with wide eyes and raised eyebrows.
Yasmine: "Please get involved in your own business." I snarl.
He shrugs and enters the classroom.