Chapter 8

"You wanted me to come?" I asked as I entered Eric's room.

"Yes. Jeanine has given us the full details of what is to come, so all of the leaders have been informed. You need to know as well." He explained. I nodded, and sat on the couch next to him. It was only then that I noticed his attire.

Eric wasn't wearing a shirt, seemingly having taken a shower minutes before since his hair was wet and tousled. I felt my face heating up, but pushed it down and focused on the matter at hand.

"Like what you see?" Eric smirked. I glared in response, even with the light blush on my face.

"I'm here to learn about what we are doing with the divergents, and nothing else." I replied stoically. His smirk widened, but he nodded and got up, grabbing a paper off his kitchen table and sitting back down closer to me this time. I could feel the heat radiating off him, distracting me from the task at hand.

"After the end of initiation, all Divergents will be moved to Erudite for testing, however they will keep their spots and return after the testing is done. They will go back every other weekend for more testing, until we get the results." Eric explained.

"And after the testing is done?" I questioned.

"The results will decide whether we kill them off or not." He bluntly stated.

"And if they rebel? Or become violent and show actual signs of being dangerous?" I pressed.

"We kill them. At any signs of danger, as we don't want to take any chances." He replied. I nodded, smirking at the thought of being able to get my hands on them.

"I understand how you feel about them Air, but you cannot let your feelings get in the way of peace." Eric muttered as I stood up to leave.

"I know that. When I get evidence that divergents aren't a threat, then I'll stop hating them. But for now, I will only see my parents in them." I replied, and left.

~•~•~•~•~

"Tomorrow, stage three of training will commence. It isn't like the other parts of training, as it will only be one day, however all of the leaders and more will be watching you." Four told us, just as we were about to go to sleep. "I suggest you come prepared." And with that, he left.

Muttering began around the room, whispers of worry creeping into everyone's heart. I laid down on my bed, droning out the talking and fell asleep, not at all nervous about what was to come.

~•~•~•~•~

"We will call you in alphabetically. Z first, then A." Four said, and left us to ourselves.

"Gosh, I'm so worried." Bella muttered. DJ was oddly quiet as well, fiddling with his thumbs and staring at nothing.

"You have no reason to be. You're in first." I stated. She sighed, and nodded.

" Hadrian." Four called. He stood up and walked through the door, his face blank of emotion.

Twenty minutes later, and my name was finally called.

The room I walked into was very large, with people milling around and a large chair in the center. Four guided me over to it and I laid down, relaxing quickly. Eric then came over, leaning in and hovering over my head.

"You're guarenteed a spot anyways, so don't strain yourself." He smirked. I scoffed, and let him inject the serum. Closing my eyes, I let myself fall into the fears.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Another chapter done! Hope you all liked it! And sorry it was so short.

Amber Silverwood