Reunions

Being in Nassau isn't my favorite place to be nowadays but it's a necessary evil of being a pirate.

The town itself used to flourish but now the entire island smells of piss and shit. The place the lot of us worked so hard to build up now sits in the rubble of its past self.

In one week Kenway and Thatch are off to find some medicines sunk in a shipwreck. Until that time Nassau will stay a home for thieves and heathens too drunk to stand on there own two feet and men and women too sick to breathe properly.

I've always wondered if it could have turned out different. Once I joined the assassins I had no time to play around with the drunkards. You can't run a town when all the citizens want to do is drink, sleep, and repeat.

I'm stuck here for the next three days on repairs for damage my ship suffered while taking a man-o-war owned by a known Templar associate, who has been using his ship to spread Templar influence. To my mates this is a feat in its own. Especially because my ship is only a schooner.

I've already visited the bureau and sent word to Tulum about my target. Now I'll just have to wait.

If anything, I'm happy to get to meet with my mates for the first time in awhile. All of them. In good timing too. I've heard rumors of a pardon that is about to be offered to any pirate who wants one. This may be the last time I sees them all alive.

I've never been very close with Ben. He reminds me of a man stuck between want and need. But Thatch and Kenway have always been close to me. I even trusted Edward will my true identity. I bloody well better trust him. He means something to me even if I can't admit it.

I also wouldn't mind seeing another person on this island. A pretty redhead who might make another attempt to make it into my bed.

The bright Caribbean sun has long since fallen over the island and the only sounds to be heard are the sounds of music and laughter from the beach by the docks. It's comforting to me. Hearing the sounds i've come to love. The people I care about.

A light smile spreads across my face. It's been awhile since I've seen any of them.

My footsteps are silenced by the soft sand lining the coast, where the land touches the sea. Ahead, the beach is illuminated by the orange and yellow glow of fire and around it nine figures sit drinking and being merry.

Thatch, Ben, Vane, Rackham, Anne, Ade, and Kenway. Two more women sit with them clearly just as sauced as they are.

"Kidd!" Thatch cheers as the I step into the ring of light.

"Nice to see ya Thatch." I say sincerely. "Nice to see you all really."

Only a few acknowledge my presents but that's how I would rather have it. I would rather just watch the night fade away. A short, fully endowed girl leans on Edwards shoulder and plays with his short blonde ponytail. At the sound of my name he looks up quickly and smiles. I nod to the girl beside him, thinking of the better things he could be doing with that money but it's his life to live not mine.

I take my place on the log beside him, content with just watching them be merry drunks.

Anne and Rackham go back to talking in hushed whispers and sly grins while Vane continues his drunken grumbling and slobbering all over the drunken woman at his side. Rum is flowing freely. Empty bottles are scattered across the ground and unopened ones are not in short supply

"Heard you took a man-o-war Master Kidd. Quite a feat." Ade commends as he hands me a corked bottle.

"Cost me ship quite a bit of damage though." I pull the cork out with my teeth and spit it into the sand by my feet.