Familar

"Do you ever just get this feeling?" You asked your best friend as you stared at their ceiling.

      They scoffed before poking you in the stomach. "Pfft care to be more specific. You know I can't read minds." They mentioned as you sat up. You sighed, motioning your hand through the air.

"It's hard to describe. It's a feeling, like you see someone you've never seen before and for some reason it feels like you've known them your whole life." You explained, moving your hands around to emphasize your points.

They shook their head, "uh no, but do you get that feeling? Is that why your asking?" They questioned.

      You looked out their window, glancing at the pacing clouds. After a few moments of silence, you shrugged. "It's just there's this one guy, I feel like I've known him for forever even though I know that's not true."

"Well maybe he was your lover in a past life or something like that," they spitballed as they placed a hand on your shoulder. You nodded, a small smile appearing on your face. "Yeah maybe."

All throughout school the next day, you couldn't seem to shake the thought from your head. Past lives? You knew some people believed in that type of stuff, but you only seemed to think it was a plot device in cheesy movies or fanfics. It was a wild thought to think someone could see someone from a previous life again.

Despite thinking it was silly, you couldn't seem to stop thinking of the possibility. What if that was the feeling you were talking about. That might explain how you seemed to think of that guy as familiar.

You were so caught up in your thoughts, you hadn't noticed your friend approach you. You jumped at the sudden noise and looked up to see them staring at you. "You good dude? You've been distracted all day." They asked as they pulled a chair to sit next to you.

You shook your head, a smile appearing. "Don't worry I'm fine. I'm just tired." You explained and yawned, as if it was on cue. They nodded, trying to figure out if you were telling the truth. After a few moments, they shrugged, finally deciding you were actually telling the truth.

After that whole exchange, it seemed as if the day went on as normal. Key word, seemed. You couldn't put your finger on it, it felt like you just discovered a secret. Even though you had no clue what that secret was.

      Soon enough, school had finally ended. You made your way to the courtyard, waiting for your best friend so the two of you could walk home together. Once you were almost out the doors, you felt the need to turn around. Confused as to why that was, you turned around only to see the guy who made you question everything.

      Todoroki Shouto.

      Looking at him you immediately realized you never got a good glimpse of him. Always just vaguely seeing him. You two made eye contact, both of you freezing. You were about to say something when everything began to blur together.

      You looked around, trying to figure out your surroundings. Despite your best efforts, you couldn't figure it out. Looking around, your eyes landed on someone. Todoroki. He seemed equally as confused as you. You were about to call out to him when you were interrupted.

     "Come on Sho! We're gonna be late!" An unknown voice called out.

You both whipped your heads to see a girl around your age running down a sidewalk. Soon enough a guy came following after her, the sound of his laughter taking over the scene.

You tilted your head to the side, one thing on your mind. Why did that voice sound so familiar? You made your way over to Todoroki, hoping maybe he had an idea on what was happening.