1

"Crystal Leigh." The graduation announcer calls out as my best friends crosses the stage.

I scream loudly from the line of students I am in all waiting to cross the stage as well. I hear Michael, Crystals boyfriend cheering loudly along with our families.

"That's the girl that dates that Michael guy from 5 seconds of summer right? You know her?" The girl I have never seen before asks from behind me.

"Yeah, she's my best friend." I say as the announcer continues saying names and cheering from the crowd still happens.

"Oh that's cool." The girl says as we get closer to the stage.

I hand the lady my note card with my name phonetically spelled underneath it. She asks how to pronounce my name and then whispers and hands the card to the guy announcing.

"Nessa Palakiko." He gets my name right and I start to cross the stage.

I hear my family, Crystal's family, Michael and Crystal all cheering.

"That's my best friend!" Crystal screams from her seat in the front of the gym.

I laugh as I shake the chancellors hand. He chuckles and wishes me well in life. A lady behind him passed me the book thing for when I get the papers in the mail. A camera person points to where I should stand and snaps a few quick pictures. I walk down the ramp off the stage and am greeted by Crystal who picks me up and spins me around.

"We did it!" She giggles more excited than I have seen her in a long time.

"Let's get the fuck out of this place." I say making her laugh.

We head over to our families in the back of audience so we can leave before the mass craziness that might happen. I notice that Luke Ashton and Calum are all here as well. Our moms are immediately hugging us and whispering how proud they are even though the whole gym is louder then the speaker.

"Let's fuck leave!" I whisper making everyone laugh.

We all file out of the gym and get into the entryway. My brother lifts me up and hugs me saying how surprised he is that I finished. I just laugh and he lets me down.

"Well don't be too worried I think you will still be the only doctor in the family. There is no way I'm going back to school after this." I say making everyone laugh.

"Nessa come on you loved college." Michael jokes with me.

"Sure I loved the drinking and parties and bars." I list off making everyone laugh again.

"God you are just like you mom." Crystals mom jokes since they were friends in college.

"Oh shut it, she actually graduated. Nessa is way more than me." My mom says kissing my cheek again knocking my hat off my head.

Calum catches it for me and tries to place it back on my head only making it worse. We all laugh and Crystal's mom makes us all go outside to one of the universities signs for pictures. Crystal and I each get ones alone and with each other. Then Crystal's mom takes ones of my mom brother and I.

"Okay Crystal boys all go up there." Crystals mom says.

"No Keanu stay up there too." She says as my brother tries to leave.

He groans and comes back putting his arm around me. Michael and Crystal are on one end and Luke Ashton and Calum are all up with us.

"Get closer, look like you actually like each other." She shouts making crystal laugh and complain.

Calum puts his arm around my waist and we all smile as she snaps a few pictures. She lets all of us leave except Michael and Crystal. Then she makes me take pictures of her and Crystals dad up there too.