Nightmare <> pages 5-9

The kid, who I later learned was Jaxon, gathered the other kids in the room, well, those that cooperated anyway. My audience maybe consisted of 8 to 10 kids, so not very big. There were others that seemed to be listening from around the room. I took a deep breath and, along with Jaxon's help, explained what we had pieced together the night before. As we talked, I scanned the room, looking at people's expressions. They varied from white and shocked to almost purple in anger.

After I had finished, I looked around the room once more before a loud voice called out.

"How do you suggest we do it?" the voice taunted.

"How do I suggest we do what?" I questioned.

"Escape," said the voice as its owner turned to look at me. It was the guy who'd asked why I'd been there in the first place. He looked like a college student, not a middle school one. There were two people beside him. The one on his right was a girl, almost the same height as the first guy, but she had pale blond hair and green, cat-like eyes.

"How did I not spot her hair in the dark earlier," I thought to myself.

On the guy's other side was a boy the same height as me, but had blue hair and several taser marks across his bare arms. His eyes were dark brown, almost black and stared with a horror I wished I'd never see. The boy from before asked again.

"How do we get out?"

"I don't know that yet. It'll be soon, but we should observe for the time being. And make sure our assumptions are correct."

I returned back to my corner. I faced the wall before I felt a tap on my left shoulder. I turned to look at who'd disturbed me.

"Just so you know, if we don't get out of this alive, we're blaming you," said the girl with pale blond hair.

"Okay. That's fine," I said before going to turn back to the wall.

"By the way, my name is Blake. The guy with blue hair is Luke and the really tall one is Gavin."

"Thanks for the info Blake. You're good to rest now," I responded, not wanting to share my name. Thankfully, Blake walked away. Before I could breathe out, Jaxon came running up.

"Hey..Zandra...Can I ask you something?" He asked.

"Sure."

"How old are you?"

"I'm 14. I was born in 2037. Why?"

"Well, you're the youngest here." My eyes grew wide.

"You're not younger than me?" I asked, astonished.

"Nope. I'm 15," he answered smirking, "Blake's gang are all 17, most of the others are 16 and a few are my age. What are you doing in here with us?"

"They thought you could teach me a lesson," I answered before I turned to the wall again, signaling Jaxon to leave.

—————————————————————

I stood in a dark room. A bright light above my head flickered on and I looked at my surroundings. Tables were on their sides and doctors masks were everywhere. Drawers filled with scalpels and scissors were strewn about. Claw-like marks littered the floor and walls. One wall was made of glass, and through this wall, I saw my sister. She was strapped to a table and nude, only wearing her undergarments.

"This should make the older one talk," whispered a voice. It took me a second to realize that I said those words. But it wasn't me, it was a doctor. One of the two doctors by my sister's sides spoke up.

"If it doesn't go according to plan, it'll be one less mouth to feed," he said. That shook me inside. I was then somehow teleported to a room opposite the one I was in and was wrapped in chains, forced to watch this horrific image play out.

"Sissy, help me!" Millie cried. She screamed and writhed in the table. Her scream, was terrifying. It would scare the bravest of souls. It was full of terror and desperation I didn't know what to do. I couldn't do anything. She screamed again as several needles pierced her collar bone and arms. One sensor patch was stuck to her forehead and that was all it took before she lay still, lifeless even.

Kept alive only by the IV's inserted into her arms and neck. I screamed and cried and shouted against my will. My bones wracked with sobs before I felt someone shake my shoulder.

"Zandra! ZANDRA! WAKE UP!" It was Jaxon who lifted up my head and pulled my body towards him. I stopped sobbing after I realized I was still in that god forsaken room. I cried my eyes and clung to Jaxon.

"What happened?" He asked, still comforting me.

"Just a nightmare," I answered. Oh but it was anything but. I tried to stand on my shaky legs before deciding to kneel back down by Jaxon.

"What did I look like?" I asked, "was I really still or moving?"

"You looked like a corps," Jaxon answered, "you're still shaking."

"He said I was stalk still," I thought, "then that wasn't a dream."

"We may have to get out sooner than I thought," I told Jaxon before laying back down.

"Okay. Get some rest," Jaxon answered before laying back down as well.

He cant know. No one could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Lovelies. I just wanted to say that this chapter took me forever to write so please be nice. I apologize for any mistakes (including grammar) I may have made. Bai!!