Chapter 1

On a quiet evening at the Harpercop household, young adventure girl Kali had invited her friend Teeders over for a sleepover. 

The two girls were in Kali's room with her mother Jane reading them a story before bed while a familiar purple dinosaur doll stood in the window seat.

"And every child in the whole town knew that this was the beginning of a fun adventure. And so all the little children climbed onto a beautiful ship with sails that went up to the sky" Jane said while reading the story to Kali and Teeders. "A wonderful ship that could sail clear across the ocean and take the children to Imagination Island with all of it's wonderful surprises"

The two girls listened closely while their eyes were filled with wonder. 

"But, there was one thing that the children didn't know about the island" Jane said as she continued reading the story. "And that was..."

But just then, two babies were heard crying in the other room. 

"Oh..." Jane sighed, placing the book down. "The twins are crying. I better go check on them"

"Oh, Mom..." Kali pouted. 

"We were just getting to the good part" Teeders said.

"Sorry, girls" Jane apologized, about to leave the room when Kali's dad Walter appeared at the doorway.

"Don't worry, hon. I'll take care of the twins" Walter told Jane.

"Oh, thanks Wally" Jane smiled before giving her husband a quick peck on the lips. 

"See, Mom" Kali said. "You can read some more!"

"Yes, please Mrs Harpercop?" Teeders begged.

"I don't think so" Jane chuckled, coming over to her daughter and friend. "You invited Teeders for a sleepover, remember? So I think it's time you two were going to bed"

"Okay" the two girls sighed. 

"Mom, before we go to bed, may I show Teeders my new necklace?" Kali asked. 

"Alright" Jane said, then went over to Kali's dresser to take her necklace out. 

"You got a new necklace?" Teeders asked Kali. 

"Mm-hmm," The young adventure girl nodded. "Wait till you see it"

Jane then placed the necklace around Kali's neck. 

"Now, be sure to take it off before you get into bed" Jane reminded her daughter. 

"I will" Kali promised. 

"You can play for 5 more minutes and then I'll check to be sure you're both in bed" Jane told the girls. "Okay?"

"Okay" Kali and Teeders both said. 

"Goodnight, girls" Jane smiled before leaving the room. 

"Goodnight" Kali and Teeders both waved after Jane closed the door. 

After Jane had left the room Kali decided to show Teeders her necklace. 

"Doesn't my necklace look beautiful?" She asked. 

Teeders came up to get a closer look. The necklace was a beautiful shade of gold and shaped like a heart. "Oooh, it's pretty" she commented. 

"My parents gave it to me for helping take care of my baby brother and sister" Kali explained. "And I'm supposed to be very careful with it..."

Teeders then sneakily snuck behind Kali before throwing a pillow at her back. "Good idea!" she giggled. 

"Oh, it's so on!" Kali playfully glared back at her friend. 

The two girls began chasing each other around the room, laughing as they were having fun with their pillow fight. Kali then throw a pillow which accidentally hit Barney, knocking him over. 

"Oops!" Kali laughed. "Sorry, Barney"

Teeders picked up the purple dinosaur plush and brought him over to Kali's bed. "I think it's your bedtime, Barney"

The two girls then placed Barney in the bed and tucked him under the covers. "There you go!" Kali said. 

"Hey! Let's continue reading more of the story" Teeders said to Kali. 

"Great idea!" the young adventure girl agreed with her friend. "I want to find out what the surprises are on Imagination Island!"

The girls ended up reading the story for a bit while sitting on the floor. 

"The beautiful ship sailed across the ocean, pushed by a warm and wonderful wind" Teeders read the story. "But just as the ship got to Imagination Island, the sky turned dark and spooky..." 

The girls both jumped once they read the next part. "'Oh, no!' said the children. 'It's a storm!'"

Just then, thunder was heard outside making the girls look out the window. Suddenly, through the power of imagination, the purple dinosaur doll miraculously came to life when Kali and Teeders heard a familiar voice. 

"Barney?" They asked. 

"That's me!" The imaginary dinosaur beamed. 

Kali and Teeders turned around. "Barney!" they cried joyfully and ran to give their big purple dinosaur friend a hug. 

Barney got out of the bed and hugged the two girls. "Hi, Kali! Hi, Teeders!"

"Barney, you're not scared of thunder, are you?" Kali asked. 

"Oh, not me" the talking purple dinosaur replied. 

"Then why are your toes shaking?" Teeders pointed out. 

"My toes?" The purple dinosaur looked down to see in fact his toes were shaking then giggled. "Oh, well... Maybe I got just a little scared in a fun way listening to that wonderful story you were reading" 

"Thanks" Kali said, before placing the book down. 

Barney sighed. "Oh, just think about it... tall ships, the open sea, and an island adventure, wow!" the purple dinosaur then twirled around. 

"I'd love to sail on a big ship" Teeders said. 

"Well, you could, you know" Barney said. 

"We could?" Kali and Teeders both asked at the same time. 

"Sure" Barney nodded. "You can do anything," the purple dinosaur told the two young girls. "If you just imagine..."

Music was then heard as the friends started to sing. 

"Imagining is fun!" Kali began to sing. 

"A lovely way to pass the time" Teeders sang.

"Imagining is fun!" Both girls sang together. 

"I love it so pretending I'm a beautiful ballerina" Teeders sang.

"Or a nifty flying ace!" Kali added. 

"Or live in a fantasy toyland!" Barney joined in. 

"We could wink through time and space!" The three friends all sang together. 

"Imagining is fun! We know it's only make believe as real as it may seem. But imagining is so much fun! It makes your life a dream!~"