Chapter 5

Meanwhile~

Barney had just finished explaining everything to Professor Tinkerputt on how they got to the island and now their problem needing help to get back home. 

"And I'll help you get your ship down," Professor Tinkerputt proclaimed. "Or my name isn't... George Washington!" 

"But your name isn't George Washington" David said to the professor.

"That's right" Tinkerputt replied. "And I can't help you"

"Oh, why not?" The kids sounded disappointed. 

"We can't stay stuck here forever!" Cynthia was beginning to panic a little. 

"Why can't you professor?" The kids asked Professor Tinkerputt. 

"Because I have a problem of my own to solve" Tinkerputt replied. "Here, I'll show you" He said, bringing the gang over to something. 

The kids gasped with wow as the professor showed them the most unique toy they have ever seen. 

"This is the greatest toy I've ever invented" Professor Tinkerputt proclaimed. "It's Tinkerputt's brilliant balloon blower!"

"What does it do?" Teeders asked. 

"It..." Tinkerputt tried to explain but ended up laughing nervously, replying. "It doesn't do anything I'm afraid. That's the problem" 

"What's it suppose to do, Professor?" David asked. 

"Make balloons" The Professor explained. "Wonderful colorful balloons of all shapes and sizes. From giant size, down to itty-bitty teeny size" 

"What are the itty-bitty teeny balloons for?" Barney asked curiously. 

"Ants..." Tinkerputt replied. "Having birthday parties"

"But ants don't have birthday parties" Cynthia said, before questioning herself. "Do they?" 

"Like my parents always say, 'you learn something new everyday'" Kali enunciated.  

"That's because they don't have any balloons" Professor Tinkerputt told the gang. "And they never will if I can't figure this out" he frowned. 

"What's wrong with it?" David asked. 

"Well, I'll show you" Tinkerputt said before pressing a button which turned the balloon blower on. 

"Now, everything works fine until we get here" He pointed out, explaining. "You see, this part goes round and round and round. But we need this part to go up and down to make the balloon blower work" 

"I have tried everything! But I can't come up with a widget or a whats-it that'll make it work" The Professor complained. "Nothing on this island seems to fit"

Kali took a closer look at the balloon blower which got her thinking, the piece that was missing looked a lot like the shape of something very familiar to her while she fiddled with her necklace. 

"One problem at a time that's all I work on" Tinkerputt stated before showing his guests to the door. "So, thank you for coming. Farewell, Au revoir, Auf Wiedersehen, and good luck. And do drop by from time to time since we are going to be neighbors"

"But Professor," Barney started. "Maybe if you used your imagination-" 

"Barney," Tinkerputt cut in with a chuckle. "I have used my imagination. I use my imagination all the time on all of these toys" 

"Imagination is one thing I haven't forgotten" Tinkerputt proclaimed. 

"Well then, maybe you've forgotten something else..." the purple dinosaur said.