Chapter 15

I don't want to go with him and at the same time I do. Rielle looks at me expectantly. If not for her. "I'll go" I say. He leads me to the food court.

At the far end there's a table just for two so we decide to go there. "That was Rielle" he says starting a conversation. "I realized" I reply.

"Isn't she cute" he says smiling. Why exactly are we here? And why is he behaving like everything's okay? Cause it certainly isn't.

"Why did you bring me here!" I ask putting an end to what he was saying and his smile fades away. "You can't just treat me like shit and then start acting like we're best friends. Quit it and get to the point" I say annoyed. What is he playing at. I feel like leaving already.

"I think you should answer your call" he says. I didn't realize my phone was ringing. "Hello" I say to the phone. I forgot to check who it was.

"Hey it's Max." Oh max. Perfect timing. "Hey max. What's up" I say to the phone. I notice that all the color has drained from Dave's face. Now it's his turn to be annoyed. "I wanted to see if we could meet up" Max asks. "Not today. Maybe some other time." I say and excuse myself from the table.

When I get back Dave looks like he will murder someone. "Is there anything going on between you and Max?" He growls. Hold up. Why is he angry.

"I don't think that's any of your business. Besides why do you care?" I growl back.
"Why I care? I don't know why. I just care." He says and I keep quiet.

"With everything that has happened, I want to stop caring about you but I can't help it. I expect these feelings to go but it's grows instead. So what do you want me to do uhh?"

I stutter but nothing seems to come out of my mouth. "You just met this new guy and now you're all over him. Are you that cheap?" Excuse me?!

"Take that back right now or you'll never see me again!" He doesn't say anything so I stand up and leave. Once again, I was so foolish for coming with him. Maybe I should meet up with Max.

Someone pulls me back and turns me around. I see that it's Dave and before I can tell him to leave me, he smashes his lips on mine. Hmm mint is all I can taste.

I pull him back before he can deepen the kiss. The realization that I just had my first kiss hit me. "What was that about" I ask him.

"I just couldn't watch you walk away from me again. You've being doing that a lot. I'm sorry for that" he says. Not like I'm angry or anything.

"I wouldn't have but you left me no choice. I'm not cheap. In fact you stole my first kiss"
I blurt out.

"I'm sorry for what I said. I was just jealous that you were spending more time with the new boy. And I'm also sorry for stealing your first kiss." He apologizes.

He didn't look sorry at all. In fact, he looked very happy. "It's okay. So now tell me what you wanted to before"

"I wanted to apologize for what happened in school...." he has a lot of things to apologize for. "...I was going to talk to you then I saw that new kid..." "max" I say interrupting him.

"Yeah max whatever." I shake my head. "I was hurt when I found out your secret. I couldn't believe Jason didn't tell me earlier and wouldn't have if you didn't tell him to."

I place my hands in his and he smiles and continues. "But I was so foolish to pin the anger on you. You did nothing wrong. I've been a big jerk like my sister said but I really didn't mean it. I'm sorry"

I was so happy he finally apologized. "It's okay Dave. You're forgiven" I say as he let's go of my hand. He wraps his hands around me and pulls in for a hug. I hug him back.

"Chloé, I hope none of what I'm about to say sounds cliché but just know I'm saying it from my heart. Since I met you at the party, I got attracted to you, it was like you put me under a spell. I can't explain it."

I'm sure my face looks like a ripped tomato cause I'm blushing like a fool. He takes a deep breath and continues.

"I wanted to be around you always. I was scared of giving myself to another girl but since I opened up to you about Frida, I felt better about it. I new I could do it. Whenever I'm around you I become different like I want to be perfect for you. Another day can't pass by without me having you by my side...."

He brings out something from his pocket. "I want you to be my girlfriend Chloé. I'm inlove with you" he opens the little and it's a locket necklace. "Will you be mine?"

Is this happening or am I dreaming? Everything is happening so fast. My throat is dry. "Answer already" Maya screams. Wait Maya?! I look around and I see Maya, Kayla and Rielle looking at me expectantly.

"I also want to be yours and I'm equally inlove with you but for me to be with you, you have to promise not to hurt me anymore." I say still amazed by what is going on.

"I promise. So is that a yes?" He says looking worried. "It is a yes!" I yell. People around us start clapping. I turn around and he placed the necklace around me. The locket is shaped like a heart. I opened it to see what was in. The first half read 'Chloé' and the second half 'Dave'. I smiled at that.

He hugs me then let's go and tries to kiss me but I pull away. "What's the matter?" He pouts and I laugh at that. "I hate PDA and people are around including your sister" I say. "Fine" He murmurs still pouting.

"Can we come over" he asks me and I nod. Maya transfers all my things to Dave's car. She said she had to drop Kayla and to meet up with Jason. At least now I won't be jealous since I have my own boyfriend.

Boyfriend. It still sounds weird. I get into the passenger seat of Dave's car. "You know I've never done this before right?" I ask him and he nods. "So please let's take things slow so I can get used to it."

"Sure" He says and speeds off. "So tell me, why did you change your look?" So he did notice.
"Nothing. You don't like it?" I say skipping the details. He doesn't have to know it was for me to get his attention.

"What?! I love it." He says smiling. "Good. Cause I went shopping for more" I say and a smirk appears on his face. "Good" I hear him say before he starts singing along to the song playing on the radio. I take a look at the locket and I smile. From the mirror I can see Rielle smiling.

Everyone is happy and finally I'm in the equation too. I wonder how things will be like now that I have a boyfriend. Still sounds weird. But the first thing is to tell my parents.

******************************************
So finally‼️ Chloé and Dave are a couple. It seems like max likes Chloé too.
What do y'all think?
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨