Book 2- chapter 18

Adrian's POV
The last few days that Andrea was staying with me were the best of my life. I finally shared my large apartment with someone and I didn't fell so lonely anymore.

I was happy she has sorted out her issues with her dad but I'm also sad that she has to leave.

I bring out a juice box from my fridge and toss it to Alex. I always have a pack of it for whenever Isla comes visiting.

Alex and Mr Gayns are waiting in my lounge for Andrea to pack her things. "Adrian?" Mr Gayns calls me, sounding like he is unsure if that is my name.

"Yes" I reply to confirm my name. "Thank you for watching out for my princess."

"I'm not a princess dad. I'm a grown woman" Andrea comes out with her bag, breaking the discussion.

"Don't mention it sir" I say to him.

"So are we ready to.." Andrea's father starts to say but is interrupted by someone opening the front door and yelling.

"Surprise!" And I see Isla and her dad with a duffel bag. I convinced her dad that they should stay with me next time they come visiting but I didn't know it'll be now. Well, they never tell me when.

"Andrea!" She squeals and runs up to her. "I can't believe you hugged her first instead of your big brother" I say in a jealous tone.

"Bear hug?" Andrea asks. I reluctantly walk up to them and join the hug. "Who's that?" Alex says when we break out of the hug.

"Isla, meet Alex, Andrea's brother. And Alex, meet Isla, my sister." I say.

"So this is the brother Andrea always talks about." Isla says stretching out her hands.

"And you're the sister Adrian always talks about." Alex says, taking her hands in a shake. Their hands stays like that for a while and Isla starts blushing. 

What's going on? I fake a cough and give Alex a glare. He drops her hands and Andrea starts laughing, noticing everything that happened.

I turned around to introduce Andrea's dad to Isla's but I see they're already in a conversation.

"Come on Max. That was your first love" Mr Gayns says.

"My first but know I have the most beautiful woman as my wife. You have to meet Gianna"

"Erm...do you guys know each other?" Andrea says sounding as surprised as I am.

"Yes. This is a Highschool friend of mine. He was also a friend of your mom."

"Hmm...cool" is all I can mutter.

"Why don't you guys come over for dinner tonight. Chloé will be so glad to have you."

"Sure. We will be there"

"Bye" Andrea whispers to me and gives Isla a last hug. I lean in to kiss her on her cheeks but she moves a little and I kiss a the side of her lips. She immediately moved back and we lock eyes.

There was something in her eyes but I couldn't place what it was.

"Andrea!" Alex calls out to her and it breaks her line of thoughts making her stumble and while going out.

I became worried. I hope I didn't mess things up with her. We've gotten pretty close and hope she won't start avoiding me or think I'm hitting on her.

"You love her don't you?" Isla's step-dad asks me, taking me by surprise.

"Love? I like her but not love" I say and he starts laughing.

"What's funny?" Isla asks, coming out with a juice box in her hands.

"I was wondering the same thing" I say to her and she walks away to switch on the tv.

"I understand that it is hard for teenagers to understand how they truly feel and to admit it to themselves. But it is obvious that you love her. And infact, the love is reciprocated" and with that he leaves and joins Isla on the couch.

What?!

Andrea's POV
I pull out of my hug with Isla and turn around when a kiss lands on the side of my lips. I move away quickly and lock eyes with Adrian. What was that?!

It was obvious that he wanted to kiss my cheek but I turned. I stand there acting dumb cause I don't know what to say to him.

"Andrea!" Alex calls out to me and I snap out of my thoughts and stumble out of the door.

Through out the car ride I remain silent and keep thinking of the whatever that just happened. I don't know what to call it.

When I  enter the house, my mom runs to me, embracing me in a tight and suffocating hug. And then she starts inspecting my body, as if looking for injuries.

"How are you princess?" She asks me. What's up with me being called princess twice in one day.

"First off, I'm not a princess and secondly, I'm doing just fine mom" she hugs me again and leads me to the kitchen.

"Do you want some hot cocoa?"

"Yup"

"Thank you for bringing her home" she says to my dad with a big smile.

"I have another good news for you." My dad says. Mom raises her eyebrows as if saying 'what is it?' And serves me my hot cocoa. Just the way I like it.

"I saw Max today. Apparently, he is the father of the guy Andrea was staying with"

"Oh My God!! It's been so long! But why were you staying with a guy?" She asks, turning her attention to me.

"Max isn't Adrian's father, dad. He is the step-dad of Adrian's sister. I know that sounds confusing but you can reason it out. And I stayed with Adrian cause he was my only friend I hadn't introduced to you guys and you didn't know his address" I say, all in one breath and finally breathe out.

"Makes sense" dad says to me. "But that's not all, I invited all of them over for dinner."

"You should have told me earlier. So now I have to cook extra. I can't believe it's been so long since I saw max. And..." my mom starts rambling. That's how she is when she get excited.

I walk to my room to get some rest before the dinner but on my way, I'm stopped by my brother.

"Is Adrian your boyfriend?" He asks me and I stay mute, shocked by his question.

"It'll be cool if he is cause I like him and you like him and he likes me and he..," he starts rambling just like mom.

"We are just friends" I finally say stopping him describing the 'like chain'

"Just friends. But you like each other. Okay." He says and walk away. Wait..what?! I didn't say we like each other.

I enter my room and shut the door, resting my back on the wall. Do we like each other?

********************************************
Yooo guys.
Thank you 2k reads. I love y'all 😩❤️🤝
Vote and Comment.
Mavi✨