The Royal Blacksmiths

Kai's p.o.v

Zane has unlocked his true potential and so has Jay. The serpentine are hunting for the fang blades to unleash the great devourer. Cole is the only one who hasn't unlocked his true potential.

I'm in our room, making my bed up. Cole taps on the door, I wave. "Zane's got dinner done." I nod than feel his presence beside me. His hands appear beside mine and he helps in making my bed up.

When we finish the bed when Cole takes my hand. I turn my head to hem and his lips seal over mine. I rest my hands on his chest, his are on my hips. The snap of a camera has us looking at/towards the door.

Jay and Nya are giggling, Nya holds a camera. "I didn't know you swong that way, big brother." Nya said. The two run off. I cover my face, Cole removes my hands and kisses my nose. Heat gathers in my cheeks when he pulls away.

"Kai Smith, will you be my boyfriend." Cole asks. I respond with a sloppy kiss to the lips. We part and I head to the dinning room. "So Kai, how'd Cole taste." Jay says. I flip hem off. "So, Pythor has two fang blades, we need at least one." Zane says.

"Cole, didn't you say your dad won a trophy called the blade cup." I ask my new boyfriend. His fingers snap, he jumps up, kissing my cheek. "You a genius, babe." He runs off.

A throat clears, I turn to sensei. "Congrats Kai, and, use protection." I groan, banging my head on the table as the others laugh.

Cole comes back, hitting Jay over the head as he lays a picture down. Later, we're at
Lou's house, Cole rings the bell. Lue opens the door and we walk in. The couch isn't big enough for all of us. Cole sits, pulling me into his lap.

Lie cocks a brow, I have my shades and walking stick with me. "Dad, remember Kai from when I was five." Cole says. "My my, so you two reconnected at Marty Oppenheimer School of Performing Arts." Lue says.

"I don't attend, I repair and forge gates for Marty Oppenheimer and I got an order to do their gate. I'm a Blacksmith." I feel Lues surprise.

"And your blind, that's amazing. So what brings y'all." Lue asks. "Its the bladecup, we wish to enter the companion." I say. The guys look at me but I keep on. "We heard how you injured yourself and wish to go in y'alls place." I say.

"Kai my boy, I like you. And yes, I'd like that." Later in the studio, I'm practicing. Lue helps with my dance and Cole stays beside me.

Than, at the show, Cole is talking about the blade cup. "Let's not make this any harder than it needs to be. We just stick to the plan and keep up the charade until the trophy's revealed. Once we steal the Blade Cup, we can argue all we want once we get back home." He said, walking away.

Jay cuts in "But this is your hometown, Cole. Don't you want to try and win it?" "ugh, the only dance step I wanna perform is called "get-me-out-of-this-nuthouse-and-let's-burn-these-memories-from-my-head." I sense Lue come up. "What." "Dad, I.. I."

Lue is shocked. "You...you were going to steal it?" He said. I touch Cole's shoulder, nodding.

Cole sighs, walking to Lue. "Dad, I didn't mean for you to hear that, but-but I'm glad you did. There's something I've been wanting to tell you. All these years, I haven't been training to be a singer or a dancer. I found something new that I'm really good at. Dad... (He uses Spinjitzu to change into his gi.) I'm a Ninja. (Lou gasps.) And the truth is, if we don't steal that Fangblade—I mean, Blade Cup—there's other people that will. Bad people. Serpentine. And we need it to save the world. I know how ridiculous this sounds, but I'm proud of who I am, and I want you to be proud of me, too." Lue glairs at Cole.

"I can't be proud of any son who thinks stealing is right. And I'm not gonna wait around to watch you make a mockery of our family's legacy." Lue said, shoving Cole away and leaving.

I touch Cole's shoulder "I'm sure he didn't mean that." I say. "If he saw you in action." Jay said. I sense serpentine as a group walks out a room. We get ready and go to the curtain.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Spin Harmony!"

I keep beat following Cole's moves. At the end, everything goes quiet and the crowds erupts in cheers. I run to Cole, he picks me up and kisses me through our masks.

Backstage, Cole has me by the waist, he holds the blade cup. I reach up, kissing his cheek. "You did it, Cole. Because of you, Ninjago will sleep safely tonight." I say.

He turns away "Thanks, but go on and celebrate without me. Winning this doesn't feel the same without my dad being able to—" "Cole." Lues voice calls out. "Dad"

I smile as Lue walks up. "I saw it all, son. I saw it all." Lue said *The two embrace.* "You saw me dance?" Cole asks.

I walk up as Lue smiles "More importantly, I saw you fight. Those Serpentine were up to no good, trying to steal the show, and I saw you stand up for what is right. I was wrong. I shouldn't have pushed you so hard to follow in my footsteps. Everyone is born with a special talent inside that's just been waiting to get out. And you were born to be a Ninja.

"You're not mad?" Cole asks. "How can I be? My son's a hero! And with a hot boyfriend. Welcome to the family Kai." I smile at Lue when Pythor shows up.

"I didn't want you to miss our big show stopper." I'm grabbed from behind by Skales as two Constricti pushe a crate and knocks over stage lights. Lou screams.

I don't sense the rest as I'm thrown in a cage. I can't cast my fire out. For the first time, I'm truely blind now.

I curl up in the cage, it justled as the serpentine moves. 'Cole, save me.'