The Stone Army

I'm speechless, I can't say nothing. My ears fall as I close my eyes. Cole's face falls but tears begin to fall. I nod, Cole asks me Yes. "Yes, a million yeses. I'd love to marry you." I say.

Cole slides the ring on my finger, standing and kissing me. My tail curls around hem. I bury my head in his shoulder,  crying while Chowa coos at us. Lloyd comes over and Cole pulls his baby brother in for a hug.

The weeks pass, we plan for the wedding to be after we defeat Garmadon. We're at the museum cause the Devourers venom had animated the Stone Army exhibit.

We destroy all the statues, I notice one leaves. Running after it, I chase it to a hall, pass a door and stomp on it.the door behind me opens, I turn, ears folding down as a woman walks out.

She looks at me, eyes going slightly wide. "Kai. Kai is that you." She asks. I cock my head as the others come. She turns to Uncle Wu. "Misako." Wu says.

"Wu, it's been a while." The woman, known as Misako, says. Jay and the guys walk up, Jay clears his throat. "So, uh, you gonna introduce us." He says. 

I go to Cole who holds Chowa. She reaches for me and I take her into my arms. Chowa begins nibbling on my hair. "Uh, yes. This is Misako, Kai and Lloyd's mother." I spin around, looking at Wu than Misako.

She comes to us, I move away. "It's been a long time for both of you." Me and Lloyd leave, slamming the door. The guys can heard calling us but we don't answer.

That is until Misako comes into the room we're hiding in. "I'd watch your step. That sinkhole doesn't have a bottom, boy's. It's where I found the ancient Stone Warrior." She says.

Lloyd gets mad "Uh, "Boy's" You've been gone our whole lives! There's nothing you can say." He snaps at her.

Misako walks around, I glair. "Well, I'm going to talk anyway. You wanna know what I've been doing all this time? Long before Sensei Wu ever knew who would be the Green Ninja, I knew it would be you. And I knew you would eventually have to fight your father. I dropped you off at the Boarding School so I could go learn everything I could about the prophecy, in hope of one day preventing the final battle. Of good and evil. All this time, son, I've been trying to save you and your father. Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjiizu Master--" I cut her off.

"Yeah, yeah. We've heard this story a hundred times." I snap this time. "But you've only heard half of it. In Ninjago, there has always been balance between good and evil. So you know about how the First Spinjitzu Master created Ninjago, but what if I were to tell you in order for there to be light, there must be shadow, and within shadow, there is darkness. The blackest of darkness that existed from the very beginning. An evil spirit called "The Overlord."

"Did you know, Sensei." Zane asks. "I had hoped if I'd kept the secret, that name would never be spoken again." Uncle says.

"The balance was at stake, and their battle could have gone on for eternity. Each side powerful, neither could conquer the other until the Overlord created his indestructible warriors: the Stone Army. The Spinjitzu Master did what he could, but he knew he would soon be defeated. So instead of losing the war, he divided Ninjago in two. And lucky for us, since then there has been no trace of the Overlord or his Stone Army, until my recent discovery."

'The Stone Warrior.' I think.

Nya perks up. "So that's why the battle has yet to be decided. It was never finished."

"But where is this Dark Island? I've never heard of it." I get up, going to a room. "Disappeared, I presume. But the legend states that so long as the balance between good and evil remains even, the Overlord shall remain trapped from this world. I have always feared your father's ambition will ultimately lead to a shift in the balance. That is why he must be stopped." Misako says as I find the book.

Walking back in, everyone looks at me. "When you've been blind much of your life, you do a lot of reading." I set the book down and open it to the saved page. The text is in Brail. "Oh, great, we can't read......" Cole smacks Jay upside the head.

'Once thought to be legend, the dark island that houses the spirit of The Overlord can be found two days journey from Ninjago. So long as the balance is stable, the island will remain no more than a rock in the sea.' I read.

Cole kisses my cheek as Misako smiles. "One question, where does the Phoenix fall into this." I ask. Misako looks at me.

"The First Spinjiizu Master was the first. He used the power of the Phoenix to cast The Overlord into darkness. Only the light of a Phoenix can blind The Overlord. But not much else is known." Misako says.

A commotion sounds as the doors bust open. I hide Chowa behind my back. Jay charges, swings a sword and the blade breaks on impact.

"The Overlord created his Stone Army from an indestructible material only found on the Dark Island." Misako says.

Lloyd forms an energy ball and it slams into the Stone Warrior. It falls back but gets back up. "Wait a minute. How are we supposed to destroy this thing?" Cole says, getting infront of me.

Chowa is screaming, she's scared. The Warrior swings, I jump back but Chowa cries. The sword cut her cheek sideways. Growling, my eyes turn black. Arms and legs turn jet black, horns grow from my head as my eyes shift to black.

Wings come from my back as I let out a screech. Fire ball in hand, I slam it into the Stone Warrior's chest. The stone creaks, fragments falling. The ninja have gotten out while I hold off the Warrior.

Rejoining them in a room, I block the door. "We can't beat it. I say Rock paper crank. The loser has to face it." Lloyd goes to join but Jay stops hem. " Nu-uh, not you, Chosen One." He pushes Lloyd away.

I brace the door when a hard hit sends me flying. Crashing into a wall, I get up. "That's it." Lloyd says. "What's 'it'" Wu asks.

"If you guys can keep him busy, I think I know how to stop him." Lloyd says. "And you think I'm letting you go alone." I snarl, standing.

"Just give......." "Not without me." I tell hem. Lloyd nods, I pull a vent open. Lloyd crawls in, I'm right behind. Misako calls from Wu. "Be careful, Lloyd, Kai. And good luck." Mis......no Mama says.

"We will, mom." Lloyd says. We crawl through the vents, coming to a room. The one with the bottomless pit. We create a fake floor, busting sounds. "Mom." Lloyd calls.

The two come in, as The Stone Warrior. "Hey, loser! Paper beats rock!" Lloyd says. Ugly runs over, I grab mama, Lloyd does the same and we jump out the way.

Ugly slides to the false floor and it breaks. He falls through and the three of us stand up. Mama hugs us as Cole and the other's come in. "Of course, the Bottomless Pit. I'm so proud of you. I feel like the balance has brought us together." Mama says after looking.

Wu walks up "Stay with us. Help us fight the good fight." He says. Cole comes to me, Chowa giggles, clapping at me. I take her, Chowa cooing.

"If that's okay with my son's." Mama says, looking at us. I smile and nod. "Chowa would love to meet and love her grandma." I tell her.

"Hey. The more, the merrier." Lloyd says as Mama comes over. Chowa grabs at her, Mama takes Chowa from me. Cole walks up "Is she adopted." Mama says, looking at me. "No, I had her. Well, she had to be pulled from me. I fell into a coma for a year, unknowingly pregnant with her." I explain.

Mama looks at Cole "I'm taking it this young man is her father." Mama asks. "Yes ma'am and Kai's Fiancée. We're waiting til Garmadon is defeated to marry." Cole says. Mama smiles, hugging Cole.

"Welcome to the family." Mama says. Chowa smiles, laughing. Mama smiles, kissing Chowa on the forehead. We leave after cleaning up and head home.