Stage 8: Her

It has been two days since they started training camp.

[Name] had been helping Kiyoko around with making meals as her way of contributing to the team. The two have also made it a way of getting to know each other more, even going to the point of letting each other call the other by their first names.

Since Kiyoko wasn't staying in their venue for training camp, [Name] was alone for the morning. She had planned already to cook some meals for the boys. The girl also wanted to make some sweets, but sadly, she wasn't well equipped to do that yet.

While silently humming to herself, the girl heard the door open.

"[Surname]?"

[Name], without looking at the boy, greeted him.

"Good morning, Yamaguchi."

"Good morning, [Surname]."

The girl stopped beating the eggs for a moment and faced the freckled boy.

"You're up pretty early. Did someone kick you in your sleep?"

Tadashi laughed at the girl and shook his head.

"I just couldn't get back to sleep. Also, they'll wake up soon, I think."

"Mm."

[Name] lit up the stove and prepared to cook enough eggs for the whole team. Tadashi went to her side and watched as she poured the egg on the pan.

"Do you need any help?" Tadashi asked, offering his assistance.

"No, it's okay. You have a big day ahead. Today's the practice match with Nekoma, right?"

"But I'd feel bad if I just let you do the work. Besides, I'm not gonna play later."

The girl faced the freckled boy and glared at him a little. She took the clean wooden spatula that was on the counter and softly hit his head with it.

"Don't be that negative. You might now play against them today, but in another match with them, perhaps in an official one, you might. Who knows?"

Tadashi smiled at the girl as she continued to cook after scolding him.

"Alright Miss Manager. You really sure I can't do anything?"

"I'm sure you can," [Name] said, smiling as she flipped the egg on the pan. "But I won't let you. Having company is already good for me. If you don't want to go somewhere else for now, you can chat with me for a while."

Tadashi nodded, not really wanting to walk around yet.

"You know, we've really gotten closer during the times you ate lunch and walked home with us. But, I don't think I really know you that much."

"You want to know more about me?" the girl asked, confused with the sudden topic.

"Well, we're friends, right?"

The boy suddenly felt nervous that the girl might not actually consider him as a friend despite all the times they hang out.

"Of course we are, Yamaguchi!"

[Name] smiled at him then went back to cooking the other meals.

"I've never really been the type to have many friends. Honestly, I grew up with only Tsukki as my friend, I think. So, I don't really know how to make friends," Tadashi said. The boy then felt embarrassed that he said those things.

"Well then, why don't we start with calling each other by their names?"

"What do you mean?" Tadashi asked, confused.