Chapter 8- (Midterm exams approaching)

In the early morning light, a sense of contentment envelops me as I wake up, feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. The positive energy is visible, even to my friend Cassie, who can't help but notice the change in my demeanor.

"Someone's in a good mood," Cassie quips, her eyes sparkling mischievously. My response is a giggle, a nod, and a shared understanding that today will be a good day. With haste, we prepare ourselves for the day ahead, slipping into the routine of getting ready before the crowds descend upon the shared facilities.

As we make our way to the bustling bathrooms, I find myself unable to contain my excitement and begin recounting the events of the previous night involving Bryan. Cassie's reaction is a mixture of astonishment and disbelief as I let her in on everything. Her expressions mirroring the shock that had initially swept over me.

Our first class of the day is English, and as we enter the classroom, the familiar faces of Sam and Angela greet us with smiles. Pleasantries are exchanged, and we settle into our seats just as the lesson begins. The minutes seem to fly by as we immerse ourselves in the world of literature.

After the first session is through, breakfast calls, so the four of us go get our food and take our normal seat in the cafeteria. With curiosity and secrets that demand to be revealed, Cassie and I carry on our quiet talk. Angie's curiosity briefly ends our conversation, but Cassie promises to fill her in on everything later and she agrees but her face says otherwise.

While Cassie and I chatter away, Sam remains blissfully engrossed in his meal, seemingly unaffected by the intrigue swirling around him. The day progresses smoothly. An unexpected announcement jolts us back to reality—midterm exams are looming, set to commence in just a week's time.

Strolling alongside my friends during the interlude, my heart skips a beat as I spot Bryan in the distance. His steps bring him closer, a flicker of anticipation coursing through me. Yet, fate plays its hand as Nana Yaa, with an assertive grip on his hand, intercepts his path, redirecting it away from our course.

Cassie doesn't miss this interaction, and she's quick to tease, playfully accusing me of being jealous. My response is swift denial, though a hint of uncertainty lingers beneath the surface. Nana Yaa's role in Bryan's life—friend, ex, girlfriend—becomes a puzzle I can't help but attempt to solve.

As I try to understand the mechanics at work, the wheels in my mind start to turn, causing a swarm of thoughts. I must speak with Bryan, look for clarity, and unravel the webs of assumption that have started to weave themselves into my brain before I can answer the question, which I admit to myself still exists.

______________________________________

Read, vote, comment and share guys.

Love you all

-Daisy