Chapter 14-( I like you)

Bryan arrives to pick me up around 4pm, and I'm clad in a white dress. His compliment warms my heart. "You look so pretty, Leona."

A bashful smile curls my lips. "You don't look bad yourself," I tease.

"You sure you don't want me to meet your mom?" he questions.

I chuckle, shaking my head. "No no no."

"I'm taking you out, and I might kidnap you and never bring you back, and your mom would never know," he playfully jokes.

I laugh. "Let me say hi at least. It's not nice to just take you without informing her."

He's got a point, even though I wasn't opposed to the idea of him meeting her; I was just shy. Eventually, I relent, and we step inside. My mom's engrossed in a movie when I call out, capturing her attention.

"Good day, ma'am," Bryan greets courteously.

Mom turns to him with a smile. "Hello. You must be Bryan."

"Yes, ma'am. I'm here to take your daughter out on a date if you don't mind. I promise to take care of her and bring her back on time," he assures.

Bryan's sweetness has me grinning uncontrollably.

"That's okay, dear. Both of you should have fun then."

Exiting the house, Bryan opens the car door for me, and I slide in.

"Where are we going?" I inquire.

"It's a surprise," he grins.

Arriving at the beach, I'm met with a breathtaking setup—a beach picnic, everything adorably arranged.

"I love this," I exclaim.

"I'm glad you do," he beams.

"Sit," he invites, and I comply. The initial awkwardness gradually fades as we engage in conversation. A playful debate about Kdrama ensues.

"K-dramas are so creative. Y'all watched Squid Game but act as if it isn't Kdrama," I argue.

"Because it isn't," he counters.

"What is it then?"

"Um, just a very interesting film that happens to cast Koreans to act ?" he jests.

Laughter bubbles from me. "You're so silly, Bryan."

"We've had enough Kdrama talk, let's discuss Anime!" he suggests.

"Anime? Oh please, spare me, I'm begging you," I playfully plead.

The sun begins its descent, casting a beautiful atmosphere. The serene sea tide matches my mood being with Bryan. We play some board and card games, listen to some good music and enjoy our snacks.

"Let's take some pics," Bryan suggests, and I agree. Amid the snapshots, I plant a kiss on his cheek just as he captures the moment.

Surprised and blushing, he turns shy. The awkwardness returns briefly.

"Leona," he begins, looking deep into my eyes. "I know we've only known each other for a few weeks. But I really, really like you. I've liked you from the very beginning. First, I was just attracted to your beauty, but as we started talking, I noticed your charming personality. I just wanted you to know that I really like you."

His confidence leaves me momentarily speechless. But his confession ignites a sense of happiness; I feel the same way.

"I like you too, Bryan. You have no idea," I admit.

And then, he draws me close, our lips meet in a passionate kiss. It's as if time stands still as our feelings unfold.

What an unforgettable day.

______________________________________

Hey babies it's been long lol. Been busy 😭 but I promise to update as soon as I get some free time.

Once again thank you for all the love and support.

Enjoy.

-Daisy