Shoes

I try to make the most of my Sunday, seeings as how it is the only real day I have off. Carr had us rushing to get all the information we could out of our Brudos interview, before we had to go back on Monday. I get to the airport bright and early, rubbing my eyes, "morning boys."

Tench smiles at me, placing an open hand on my shoulder, "not enough sleep?"

"Never," I shake my head and chuckle.

"Well, there will be plenty of time to sleep on the plane," Tench sits down beside me.

Ford comes up to us, all too happy for the early hour, "I have a plan."

I shake my head, "tell me about it when we land in Oregon or I will write it off as a dream."

"You can't be that tired."

I look up to Ford, "if I had the energy I'd slap you."

"Maybe you can be that tired."

Tench chuckles, "best to stay on her good side. At least while she's tired."

"I don't wanna be on her bad side when she's not, I thought while she was tired it'd be safe."

"Rookie mistake. While a woman is tried it's even more dangerous."

I sigh, "will you two please shut up?"

We board our plane and fly the seven hours to Oregon, I sleep most of the way there. When I wake up Ford smiles over to me, "feeling better."

"Much," I nod.

"Good, don't want you to be all kinds of moody when we interview Brudos again."

"I'm sure he'd love it," I shake my head, "and if you describe me as moody again I will kick your ass."

"My apologies," Ford puts his hands up as he smirks at me.

We head back to the Oregon State Pen, "what is that?" I look down at a box Ford has.

"A bargaining chip."

As we head inside the guard who gave me issues before smirks as I walk in, "do you know how many times I've been asked when that pretty FBI lady would be back?"

I chuckle, "that depends, are we counting the times you asked yourself that?"

The guard acts hurt and holds his chest, "your words cut deep."

I shake my head and walk over to the table Tench and Ford are at, Tench shakes his head and chuckles, "stop flirting. What are you trying to make Holden jealous?"

Ford turns to Tench, as if he hadn't been listening, "what, I'm not jealous."

I shake my head and chuckle as we hear Brudos laughing as he comes down the stairs to the large cage. "Hello, ladies and lady. Back for more?" He smiles as he walks over to the table he sat at last time.

"Tell us where to sit," Ford crosses his hands in front of himself. Tony, Brudos' guard, begins to cuff him to the table but Ford stops him, "that won't be necessary this time."

"Great," Brudos chuckles, "want to arm wrestle?"

"How about a smoke?" Ford walks over to the table Brudo is at.

"Well, well, well," Brudos smirks, getting a cigarette out of the pack Ford had handed him, "I want her to light me." He points over to me, "I have to say, doll face, I was hoping to see you in a skirt. I didn't think you'd wear pants again."

I sigh, getting up and walking over to Brudo, noticing a scar on his arm, "how'd you get that scar?"

"Darcie..." Brudos takes a drag off the cigarette. "Found out I was chasing skirts at OSU. Came after me with a Ginsu."