Introduction

Hunter Watson

I.H.S Academy, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Huffing for air as my attacker landed a blow in my stomach. I sneaked a look at my attackers face; it was bruised, bleeding with sweat dripping from his forehead. I don’t give in that easy. I pull myself together breathing in the air I need, which isn’t much. I look at my attacker and run towards him ramming him hard in the stomach with my elbow. My attacker fumbles back and leans against the wall getting his balance back. But before he has the chance I punch him in the face. He mumbles something under his breath and tries his best to swing at me. Not the best idea. I stop his blow this time and respond to the move by kicking him hard in the shins. This leads him kneeling on the ground in defeat. I grunt, pleased with myself.

“And that is how you defend yourself!” applauds Mr Randell, my self-defence teacher.

I pull my opponent up and pat him on the back. “Nice try Chris” I reassure my classmate.

“Thank god that’s over!” “What did Mr Randell think, putting me against you?” Chris shrugs and sighs obviously sore and tired.

I grab my gym bag and walk back to my dorm. I walk into my small bathroom and turn the shower on adjusting it to the right heat. I catch my reflection I the mirror and walk up closer for a closer look. My cheek aches. Chris has given me a good one. That is probably his best move he’s ever done, there most likely will be a bruise there tomorrow! I jump into the shower, wash my body and jump out. I change into other non-sweaty clothes. I walk over to my bed and fall onto it. I decide to wait for the dinner alarm to go, I have nothing better to do. They really go hard on the rules here at the academy. There is strict rules about getting to classes and meals on time otherwise you miss out. Although you probably think that everyone would just purposely miss classes but here at the academy it cost almost every class otherwise you wouldn’t know answers to exams that were held in the middle and end of the year. Even if you are sick you will have to find out the work you missed and do it. I really hope I had got enough scores on the last exam to make up for the next. I have missed a few classes due to some jerks in my class that hadn’t known when to give up a fight they had already lost, but now they have learnt a lesson. I need a high enough score to graduate and get assigned to my first mission out in the real world, slaying inhuman freaks!

You see this school isn’t exactly normal, we get sent here at a young age and learn about monsters and inhuman creatures that roam this earth more than other subjects you would learn at a normal school. We also learn self-defence and how to slay these inhuman creatures. Including the facts about how to slay them as well as actually kicking their asses before they do anything they shouldn’t such as killing humans and letting humans suspect these people exist. Most inhuman creature’s lay low while some don’t bother hiding because they think they are stronger than anything or anyone who tries to get in their way or stop them, too bad because they are wrong. We can kill them.