Rule #2: Sit Close, but Not Next To

If I'm being honest with myself, I'd say this is one of the hardest rules. Why distance yourself when he's just a seat away?

Having almost every class together doesn't help either. Along with Jimin. And Yoongi.

And then there's lunch— a time where we can choose where we sit, but it usually is a time of Jimin and I scrambling for a seat next to Taehyung. But in order not to be obvious, I try to sit in front of him. The view is better anyways:

"That's three bottles of banana milk you've managed to chug in a minute... How do you have abs again?" Jimin asks me, staring at the line of empty plastic containers.

"Who said I have abs?" I ask defensively, peeking at Taehyung's reaction.

"Jungkook, we've all seen them in their glory. Just cause we're flabby, doesn't mean you have to be so humble."

The voice comes from Yoongi, sliding into the seat next to me, across from Jimin. Sometimes I feel like we're following the exact same set of third-wheeling rules.

"Yoongiiii, you're not flabby! Your chest is toned and you have nice tiddies," Jimin counters.

Yoongi mutters incoherently about shutting up as his ears turn bright red.

"All of you, stop making me feel bad! Now it's like I need to diet because of you all having better tummies than me!" whines Seokjin, another friend. He's sitting on the other side of Yoongi.

"Ok Boomer," Jimin snarks, making all of us laugh.

Taehyung's laugh is the one I focus on the most; the way his eyes become small, his box-shaped smile widens, his husky yet adorable chuckle.

Suddenly I'm scowling, 19.

I wish I could be the reason he was laughing this way.

"Did I hear someone say tiddies?" an unknown voice calls.

I turn around in the direction of the deep voice to find myself facing a tall, incredibly handsome blond man. I think my heart skips a beat.

"Oh, Namjoon! Nice to see you," Hoseok, yet another friend at our table, smiles.

I've heard that name. Announced every single time our test scores come out. Always at the top.

I steal another glance at him. He could top me, too.

Wait, no, what about Tae! I scold mentally. But he's...

"So hot," I whisper. Before I can realize that I let myself talk out loud, Namjoon is laughing at my slip-up, making his dimples appear. I could drown in those.

"Woah there, Jungkook," Jimin calls out, like your average asshole best friend.

I blush and say a quiet apology before turning around again.

"About those tiddies?" Seokjin smirks.

"Oh, yeah, I was gonna say, if you want nice tiddies, I have the best. Take a gander," Namjoon says proudly.

I turn and give his chest a good look. The tight-fighting gray T-shirt gives him an advantage.

"He does in fact have nice breasts," I say confidently, making up for my shy mess of two minutes ago.

All of us burst out in laughter. Well.. Almost all of us.

"I don't think we need to see them for much longer, please get back to your book club," Taehyung mutters.

He's looking down at his food, his fork clenched in his hand.

"Ah yes, sorry to disturb your lunch. Good to see you all," Namjoon says nervously, which is surprising because I'm sure he's more intimidating than Taehyung.

He shuffles away quickly leaving the five of us shook and Taehyung quietly munching on his kimchi like it was nothing.

"What was that, Tae?" Hoseok asks, saying what all of us were thinking.

"Nothing.. I have no problem with him," he says with gritted teeth. "Guy just thinks he's so funny."

We all mentally agree not to push on the subject anymore. Luckily, we get through the rest of the lunch period without anymore "funny people".

But one thing's for sure:

Namjoon may be hot, but an angry Taehyung sitting close (but not next) to me is even hotter.

______________

anyone else smell a love triangle? 

💜💜💜