Rule #21: Boom! Magic! He's Now Yours!

(a/n: buckle up again for another long one...)

Looking back, the name of Rule #21 is cringey. But it exactly represents how I felt. The outcome of being outside with Taehyung was like an explosion in my heart. And the end result was magical.

So back to where we were:

I told him he broke one of the rules. It was the first time I had ever mentioned their existence to anybody. (I found out about them soon after -Jimin)

"Sorry?" Taehyung asks, tilting his head cutely.

I can't fucking handle this.

"I said that you broke Rule #2," I reiterate.

"I know what you said, but what's Rule #2?"

"Sit Close, but Not Next To."

"Sorry, Kook, I know I'm not as bright as Namjoon hyung, but even he would be confused as to what you're talking about," Taehyung grins sheepishly.

"I've broken a lot of my own rules because of you, Kim Taehyung," I say simply. "Rules regarding friendship, boundaries, and so much more."

I scoot a bit farther from him.

"Um, what?" he asks as he scoots closer.

"Nevermind, don't worry about it. Let's just wait quietly before they call us in," I say in defeat.

I'm not sure why I don't want to expand on any of this. I guess I don't want to admit to him that I still am deeply in love with him. I mean, Jimin just dumped him. And I don't want to be reminded of our "just friends" relationship.

"I don't want to wait quietly," he snaps.

"And why is that?" I snap right back.

"You're not giving me any explanation. I just want to understand you," he says softly.

"Maybe I don't think you need an explanation." I scoot away again. At this rate, I'm going to fall off of the couch.

And hey, before I get attacked, I'm scooting away so that I'm not so close to him. I am not trying to be a brat. I just don't want to embarrass myself again and say something that I'll regret.

"Jungkook, you know what? You're right. It's like every time you tell me something really important, it's because I need to force it out of you," he replies. "But this time, I guess I'll be the one to tell you something really important."

"I'm listening."

He squirms uneasily. I can feel his nerves and our shoulders are not even touching.

"This is going to sound very pathetic so I apologize in advance. Just know I'm telling you the truth."

I nod, ready to hear some other form of rejection that he wasn't able to state earlier on. Like how even though him and Jimin are broken up, I still have no chance.

"I like you. Always have. Still do."

"Okay, I get it. Don't worry, even though I will never get over you, we already established that you're off limits. We'll always be friends," I sigh, shaking my head.

But his words finally process in my brain.

"Wait, what?" my lips slip out.

Out of pure shock, the thing keeping me from falling over collapses in me and I scoot off of the edge of the couch. As I prepare to experience pain from hitting my head on the concrete, Taehyung reaches out and grabs me, pulling me closer to him.