Chapter 27- Carefully

[Edited: 10/17/17]

Warning: This chapter contains very mature content for readers ages 16+. Read at your own risk.

Ally's POV

"Hold it up just little higher," Carl directed me from behind, reaching his hand around to hold my arm up and level the machete just right.

I never really got to learn how to use knives or anything compared to them. Guns were what I normally used. Besides, recently I've been stuck with small pocket knifes and things similar to them. But, I never really killed anything with them. It frightened me to know that when using them, you have to get all up close and personal.

Carl was so kind to come out here and teach me a little bit. It was embarrassing enough that I had asked. He insisted that it was nothing to be embarrassed about though. Machetes seem like they'd be easier anyways.

"Like this?" I asked, moving it in a motion to indicate that I was pretending to kill a walker. He watched for a moment, thinking of a polite way to critique my terrible pretending skills. After a moment, he giggled. "Yeah, like that. You're coming along nicely."

I listened to his laugh closely and struggled to hide a deep smile. He's so cute when he laughs. Yet he's so mean in a playful way at the same time. If that makes sense.. I swung my arm around and slugged him in the shoulder, sticking my tongue out at him childishly. "Oh stop!"

"Hey!" he whined, rubbing his arm where it hurt. His eyes flickered up to mine in a fairly flirtatious manner as I crossed my arms and pouted.

"Why are you so mean to me?" I asked in a little girl's voice as I quivered my lower lip, messing around with him. He continued with that same adorable look on his face as he reflected my actions, quivering his lower lip as he made his way to me.

"Because I love you," he informed once our faces were only inches apart. I huffed playfully again as he said this, another smile threatening to form.

"Oh, so you're mean to me because–" Before I had time to finish, he pressed his lips against mine and yanked me into him, taking me by surprise.

I grabbed at the long strands of hair that were sticking out from under his hat and twisted my fingers in them, trying to be gentle. But I don't think it mattered because he simply continued kissing me harder and harder before he took my lower lip between his teeth and tugged on it, his tongue sliding in with ease.

My eyelids fell closed due to the sudden rush of energy coursing through me. Our lips moved slowly at first, gaining more and more interest with each kiss. I pulled away, knowing that things would escalate quickly and Michonne and Mikaela would grow suspicious.

"I love you too, sheriff." I smiled as my eyes opened, my arms still wrapped around his neck and our foreheads connected. My fingers reached up and I tilted his hat on his head. He smiled back and placed his hands around my waist, embracing me in a heartwarming hug. I could feel his heart racing through his shirt.

"Wanna get back to your lesson, princess?" he teased, pulling back after a short moment.

I smirked at the nickname and nodded. Picking the machete up off the ground, we got back to it. I knew what Carl was thinking and something about it was greatly satisfying. I thought helplessly to myself about all the possible things that may occur later on between us as he directed my movements once more.

Mikaela's POV

I forced out a loud scream as the person covered my mouth, muffling it before it could be heard from outside of the room. "Let go of me, you asshole!" I shouted louder this time as the person forced me against the wall inside the closet and covered my mouth once more.