By A Thread

The following morning Jimin woke up; extremely hungover. He stumbled out into the kitchen, and just in time to accept an incoming phone call. He cleared his throat and covered his eyes from the light of the sunrise before accepting the call.

He blindly stumbled over to the living room and dropped onto the sofa, trying anything he could to alleviate the pounding menace of a headache he had.

"Hi this is Jimin, who's this?"

"This is the director of your school. Do you have a minute to speak about your classes?"

"Oh?" Jimin gasped softly and cringed, imagining all the things to come. "Y-yes sir, I do."

"Well, alright Mr. Park. To begin, I want to remind you that we have been very forgiving when it comes to your attendance and grades. Naturally, too low of attendance or grades goes against our polices, and majorly, but we have waived these for you in the past knowing your circumstance."

"Yes sir," He mouthed softly in reply.

"But, I am afraid to say that our generosity only goes so far. As of right now Mr. Park, you are failing all of your classes, and have missed the equivalent of two months worth of classes. Now before I continue, the council and I have all come together to try and negotiate a gentler plan, but we couldn't find an easier way to go about this," The director paused and took a breath before continuing, "Park Jimin, you are no longer attending this university. The council and I came to the conclusion that your work ethic is unattractive to our university and it is not how we wish to be portrayed. We apologize deeply for the repercussions this decision might have on you, but however, we cannot continue to allow such behavior within our school. If you have any questions in regards to your transcript or credits, or a refund for tuition, you are welcome to call the billing department at any time. Other than that, we hope you have a nice day, Jimin."

And with that, the phone call ended, and Jimin dropped his phone beside him onto the sofa in defeat. His entire world was crumbling, and what for? He didn't figure a few absences and low grades would get him kicked out, but he also hadn't taken into consideration just how many days and tests he truly had missed.

He leaned forward and with his elbows on his knees, he buried his face into his palms. He didn't know what to do. Should he tell the others that he got kicked out of university and admit he's a failure? Or should he pretend everything's okay and that his missing of classes was approved? His morals were out of whack in the moment, and all he felt was the weight of his recent decisions come crushing inward on him.

He began to rock back and forth where he sat, which soon led into him attempting to hold back the sobs which racked his body. He knew someone was bound to wake up sooner or later, and that he needed to reel himself back in as not to freak the others out.

Carefully, he lifted himself up from the sofa and shook out his body before stepping back in to the kitchen and grabbing himself some coffee. If there was any way he was going to digest this newfound information, it wasn't going to be disgustingly hungover.

"Mm.." following a soft yawn came the quiet creak of a bedroom door, and within moments a little face poked around the corner. Jimin mustered the warmest smile he could as he embraced his groggy boyfriend and kissed his forehead.

"Hi Koo," He whispered as he pressed gentle kisses to the ravenette's hair, "did you sleep well?"

The boy nodded his head through the yellow blanket that engulfed him, then proceeded to scurry over to the couch and drop down onto it in an attempt to get comfortable like in bed.

Jimin chuckled and made his way over to Jungkook; setting his coffee down on the low standing table in front of the couch before sitting down. "How are you feeling? Big? Little?"

"I'm big," Jungkook smiled and shuffled his way up against Jimin, bordering on being in his lip. Jimin couldn't help but to coo as he pulled his snuggly partner into his lap.

"Okay good, because I have some not-so-good news I need to share, and I wanted to tell you it first if that's okay," He flushed rosy red out of embarrassment and avoided making eye contact with the ravenette. "I'm just going to go ahead and say it... I got kicked out of uni because well... I lied about attending my classes half of the time and it led to me uhm.. getting kinda.. expelled?"

Jungkook blinked and stared at Jimin. He wasn't prepared for something quite like this. He pursed his lips together in thought before a small frown grew on his cheek.

"I'm sorry Minnie," He sighed sadly and clasped his muscular arms tightly around the boy, "I promise we'll help you figure out what to do next! And I'll make sure the others are nice to you. If not," he cracked his knuckles playfully, "you just let me know-"

"Koo," Jimin choked back his tears and shook his head, "I appreciate you not being upset but I really need help right now. I don't know what to do now that I'm not schooling.. and it isn't like I have a true job either so I-I... I don't know." Tears ran down his hot cheeks and he sniffled as he brought his hands up to wipe his tears, "P-Please help me Jungkook.."

"Oh," Jungkook gasped and yanked himself off from Jimin's lap and swung the crying boy into his arms, "I'm sorry- I thought that would help!! Uhm okay well," He paused momentarily to think, but his mind drew only blanks, "To be honest baby I'm not sure how to help you. I promise though, I will go wake up the others and let them know and we'll all sit down together and talk about it. Yeah?"

"O-okay.." Jimin pressed his cheeks into his palms and drew in a deep breath to compose himself. "I-I'll be here."

Jungkook smiled softly and wrapped his blanket around Jimin before leaping up from the couch and disappearing down the hallway.

~

a/n: Hey you all! It's Caina here. I solo write this story from now on so updates will take longer, but I'm very excited to start it up again. Currently I am mapping out a different ending than what was originally planned, which is part of why it's taking so long! 😅 The story isn't ending soon though, I'm just making it into everything I want it to be, yknow?

Anyway I love all of you so much and thank you for staying with me through this. I will be posting more contenting for this story alongside Canvas very soon! The hybrid au I mentioned (which involves ot7) is going to be published soon as well! So once it's up, please show it some love too~ 💜💜

I purple you! 🥺🥺💜💜