Painfully Forgiven

My eyes drifted upward to the man who held me. His eyes held the pain only a tortured soul could carry, and his expression was torn between that of soulless and drained. He lost hope entirely.

I wiped the tears off of my face and stood up abruptly. Yoongi needed me and he needed me now. I scooped my arms beneath my boyfriend and lifted him into my arms, holding him bridal style. I carried him down the hallway and into the bedroom he and Hoseok shared.

Closing the door behind us, I walked over to the bed and sat him down on it. After crawling into it beside him, I drew him downward and had him lie in front of me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and tugged him as close to my chest as I could.

"Yoongi," I breathed out softly, holding back tears as he began to cry silently into my chest, "It will be okay. We'll make it through this, I promise."

My fingers traced his jawline and I brushed the wet and matted hair off from his face. His tear stained, flushed red cheeks were full of sadness, and it broke my heart.

Usually Yoongi was the strong one, which is what made this hurt even worse.

"I-It won't." He stated pointedly. "It h-hasn't been okay since he joined our relationship. Let's face it." His tears dried up and I watched his face morph into something of spite. "Ever since he has come into our lives it has been one thing after the next. We pick up all the pieces but damnit Jungkook look at us. Look at us!"

I flinched as his voice raised, and he immediately cupped my face between his palms softly.

"We've lost sight of each other in all of his issues. Jungkook I miss you. And I have missed you since the moment Jimin entered our relationship. I love Jimin, but," His thumbs rubbed my cheeks and he pressed our lips together, closing his eyes as tears streamed down his cheeks again, "I'll always love you more."

As Yoongi peered toward me, I searched in his eyes. His dark pools of honey swirled with fire and lightning, and I diverted my gaze due to the intensity. The fierce appearance of both true love and fear was too much to handle.

"I love Taehyung and I love Hoseok all the same, but you, Jean Jungkook you, are my everything."

Was Yoongi trying to cope with the sudden loss of Jimin through acting as though he never happened in a way? Or was he having regrets about things he has/hasnt done for me since Jimin's entered our relationship? I blinked and pulled away from Yoongi to better try and read his body language.

I readjusted myself on my side and took a hold of Yoongi's hand, drawing his fingertips into my palm where I could caress his calluses fingers. My head tilted as I listened to him vent about everything he had pent up during the time we had been with Jimin. Half of the things I was completely unaware of, but they were the missing links I needed to better understand how he truly felt.

As he went on I began to understand that he loved Jimin and still does, but he feels as if the timing for us to be with him is wrong. He would gladly welcome him back into our relationship once he had healed from his past traumas and had become the greater version of himself that we know he can be.

My eyes stung as the tears I didn't have tried to prick their way out. How was Yoongi able to be so profound just mere minutes after something like this happening?

"Taehyung is right," Yoongi sat upright and I watched as he pushed himself off of the bed and onto his feet, "We need to love each other. And it needs to be now."

I was quick to stand and follow Yoongi's lead out of the bedroom and back into the living room. Hoseok sat with Taehyung in his lap, and the two looked up bleary eyed at us.

Yoongi crossed his arms over his chest and took a deep breath.

"Losing Jimin is a terrible feeling but the four of us need to use this opportunity to come together and help each other and ourselves. I think we all agree we want him back in our lives and in our relationship but for now we all need to heal, him included."

I came up behind Yoongi and wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him gently. I couldn't help it, I just loved how he could make sense of things so quick. It was one of my favorite things about him.

"Can we all agree that if Jimin does come back to the house, that we will let him in so he has a place to stay?"

We all nodded in unison, and Yoongi nodded in agreement with us.

"Good. Now let's find some food to eat. We've been through a lot and need to replenish ourselves. Make sure to drink lots of water an-"

"Yoon, baby," Hoseok pleaded softly, "Go sit down. I'll make breakfast. Okay?"

Yoongi blinked in confusion and I giggled before picking him up and flopping him down on the couch. "You can't be this positive after something like that happened." I shook my head and sat down on the floor in front of the couch. "It can't be healthy!"

"If it isn't then so be it. At least it's productive." He shrugged and I couldn't help but pout.

Yoongi was definitely in a lot worse of condition than he was letting on. It was obvious to all of us. I shuffled over to where Taehyung sat and I picked myself up off of the floor and embraced him tightly. I planted a couple sweet kisses to his wet cheeks before anchoring my hands beneath his bottom and lifting him to my chest.

His arms and legs wrapped around me, and I quickly took off to the same bedroom I had taken Yoongi to. I closed the door and set Taehyung down on the bed before sitting down beside him and pulling him into my side.

"Are you okay? I feel like you got the hardest part of all of us, considering he told you everything personally..." I rubbed his back lovingly and he rested his cheek to my shoulder quietly.

I accepted the silence and looked about the room. Warm hues filled it entirely, minus the cool colored bedding. My eyes worked around the walls, windows, bed and bed frame, then to the night stands.

A picture of Jimin sat framed on the stand. His blond hair accented his pink cheeks as he smiled. His arms were wrapped around Yoongi's neck loosely, and Yoongi's eyes had sparkles in them.

My breath hitched in my throat as I choked back another crying fit, and I reached over and set the frame face-down on the table before returning my attention back to Taehyung.

"Do you need comfort right now, or do you need alone time?" I asked, lifting his chin so his gaze would meet mine. He frowned and crawled across the bed and under the sheets, turning and facing away from me. I nodded and stood up, excusing myself from the room.

I cracked the door behind myself and made my way into my bedroom and slipped into some daytime clothes. Something came over me and I felt the intense need to search for Jimin.

My gut screamed that he needed to be found. I couldn't understand why though. I don't tend to believe in fate, but my gut? Definitely.

~~~

a/n: I noticed that I have quite a few silent readers here! While that's okay and all I want to encourage all of you to interact with this story as much as you'd like! I promise I don't bite, and I love to hear everything you all have to say 💜

Edit: do you all like the new cover for the story?? 🥺
-

Comment below where you think

Jimin is?

Do you think

Junsu

is involved?