Chapter 2

Melody's POV

I lay awake just staring up at the ceiling contemplating if I should run away now or hang myself with some rope from the chandelier hanging on the ceiling.

Instead I get up and walk over to my desk and slide my phone on.

4:12 a.m.

Wow, I only got 2 hours of sleep the whole night. Probably because of the fact that I couldnt sleep knowing that the anti-christ was sleeping in the room across from mine. I sigh, running my hand through my messy brown waves.

I walk over to my suitcase on the ground by my bed and pull out a pair of leggings and a baggy t-shirt I've had since 7th grade. Throwing my hair into a ponytail and slipping my running shoes on, I quietly jog down the stairs and out the back door. I saw earlier from my window that there was a trail leading from their backyard down to the beach.

As I walk down the steps and onto the beach, I let the cool ocean spray wake up my senses before starting to jog down the beach.

Running has always calmed down my anxiety. It used to be really bad and one time it was so bad that I couldn't leave my bed for two days straight. I just layed in my bed, too emotionally scared to get out of my bed.

Thats also when the eating disorders started to show up, according to my mom at least. She doesnt know the half of it but thats the way it should be. As bad as it sounds, I have been through hell and back and the things that I've experienced and done shouldn't be on her mind.

I shake my thoughts away by closing my eyes briefly and pumping my legs faster down the beach. After about 10 more minutes of running I stop and turn around, beginning my walk back.

My eyes squint slightly as the sun begins to peak out from the horizon. I furrow my brows wondering how long I had actually been running.

I continue to walk for quite awhile until the trail leading up the cliff comes into my view. Jogging the rest of the way, I quickly jog up the stairs almost falling right back down them as I run into something solid.

Or should I say someone.

He grunts in response as I gasp and go back a few steps, trying to create as much distance between us.

"Watch where your going next time..." He says briefly before jogging past, barely scraping his shoulder against mine. I shiver in terror and sprint up the stairs feeling bile rise in my throat.

I look behind my shouder to see him sprinting down the beach, almost as if he were running away from something. I frown slightly before shaking the image of him away and jogging up to the back porch.

Taking a deep breath before trying my best to open the door quietly. I smile in success as I dont make a sound and walk slowly past the kitchen and the living room to the stairs.

As I look up to jog up the stairs, I gasp in surprise yet again from almost running into Mr. Hastings.

"Oh my god you scared me!" I say softly, placing my hand over my heart that feels like its trying to fly out of my chest. He smiles apologetically before sliding past me.

I frown, yet again, in confusion but dismiss it just wanting to take a nice cold shower. I was weird like that. My mom always told me that ever since I was little I've always loved cold showers.

Jogging up the stairs queitly, I walk down the hall and straight into my bathroom. I strip off my sweaty clothes and put the water on freezing, needing it to numb my senses. Feeling the water, I step in and sigh as the cold water begins to ice my frail body.

I look down at my flat stomach and bony legs, instantly looking back up. I've always been weird about myself but now I just hate myself and I'm sure everyone hates me too.