Hallucinations

Shadow Freddy
In Five Nights at Freddy's 2, the player may rarely encounter what seems to be a shadow of Freddy Fazbear. It appears in the Parts/Service room, sitting in the location Bonnie normally sits. It appears to be in a slumped position, similar to that of Golden Freddy's. It also uses Golden Freddy's model. It might possibly just be Golden Freddy, only desaturated because of the dark room (note the missing ear and the two wires hanging from its right eye). However, saturating it again reveals a deep purple color, unlike any other forms of Freddy seen before. It is unknown whether this color is significant or not, but there is speculation that it is linked with the purple man seen in the death minigames, and possibly the purple colored BB variant. Staring at Shadow Freddy long enough causes the game to exit (similar to how Golden Freddy did in the first game, but without the jumpscare). Shadow Freddy is only able to spawn when the Parts/Service room is empty.

Shadow Toy Bonnie
The player may very rarely encounter what appears to be a shadow of Toy Bonnie with blank white eyes and teeth standing on the left side of The Office. Like Shadow Freddy, if the player stares at it for too long, or takes the mask off too early, it will appear to fade away like Golden Freddy in this game, but then the game will crash. However, if the player proceeds to put on the mask long enough, or put up the monitor before the game crashes, it will fade away, and the player can resume.

Golden Freddy
Golden Freddy returns in Five Nights at Freddy's 2. His behavior is erratic and he seems to function as both a hallucination and a regular animatronic. When seen in the corridor and in his jumpscare, Golden Freddy is just a floating, dismembered head that moves closer to the player until the player can only see his face, in which the game will end. His head is seen with wires hanging from the eyes. He may also appear in the left corner of the Office. However, Golden Freddy isn't activated by a poster like the first game, and doesn't close the game. Golden Freddy's A.I. can be changed in Night 7/Custom Night, like the other animatronics.

Bare Endoskeleton
A bare endoskeleton appears to wander the restaurant at rare intervals, but can be encountered as early as Night 1. It appears in the Prize Corner and Left Air Vent. It is possible that the endoskeleton is inside of the box in the Prize Room, as it only appears once The Puppet has exited its box. The ears appear similar in shape to Foxy's, though it has blue eyes similar to the eyes of Freddy Fazbear. Some believe the endoskeleton is that of Golden Freddy.

Note: It is currently unknown if this is actually a hallucination. However, there is no indication that it interacts with the Office or the player thus far.

Balloon Boy
Occasionally, one might encounter a strangely colored Balloon Boy, lurking under the desk in the Office. The hallucination does not appear to harm the player, and seems to just disappear if they check the Monitor. This BB has magenta cheeks, pink eyes, purple eyelids, a purple nose, and the red stripes on his propeller hat are now a bluish-purple.

Note: It is currently unknown if this is actually a hallucination, or why it exists in this form at all, since it doesn't actually do anything other than lurk under your desk.

Puppet Face
Occasionally, after The Puppet has left, its face will appear on the camera for very short intervals at random times.

When the Puppet's face appears on the camera, all of the static will vanish, most likely due to PNG rendering.

There is also a hallucination of The Puppet standing in front of the camera, which reveals that The Puppet may actually be the size of a large human being.

It appears on the Main Hall and Party Room 2 cameras (CAM 07 and CAM 02).

The Puppet appears to be floating in its full-body hallucination, unlike all other hallucinations (excluding Golden Freddy's disembodied head) and animatronics, which always appear to be touching the ground. This can also be seen in the sprite of The Puppet in the Death Minigames, where it is also floating, unlike every other animatronic (both Foxy and Freddy are clearly walking on the ground in the minigames).

BB Paper Cutout
On rare occasions, BB's Paper Cutout from Party Room 4 will appear in The Office, on the wall. It is unknown why this happens at this time