Mangle

MANGLE
Mangle (sometimes called The Mangle) is one of the new animatronics in the game Five Nights at Freddy's 2, and the redesigned version of the original Foxy.

Appearance
Unlike the original Foxy, Mangle's nose has been reduced in size. The eye-patch and hook that was a part of Foxy's appearance are removed entirely for Mangle as well. Like the redesign for Bonnie, Chica, and Freddy, Mangle bears a resemblance to the look of a ventriloquist's dummy.

It has rosy cheeks, which are hard to notice from the teaser image, as well as lipstick haphazardly dotted on its elongated snout. Its teeth are also smaller, but Mangle's endoskeleton's teeth are also visible. A pink bow tie is also attached to its bent chassis, and its eyes also appear to be more realistic in design than the others. It also has a second head that seems entirely endoskeleton in design, which bears its left eye on it. If looked at closely, it can be seen that Mangle has pink nail-polish on the 'hand' and 'foot'.

Mangle is clearly in a disfigured and contorted state, it seems, almost to the point of mechanical mutilation. Mangle also does not seem to have a suit at all, it being almost entirely an endoskeleton, except for its head, both of its hands, and one of its feet, which remain attached to its endoskeleton. Its head is white, and has pink accents on its inner ear, snout, and around its eyes. Its right eye is still attached to its costumed head, unlike its left eye, which is still attached to its endoskeleton head. Its costumed head also appears to be dislocated from the endoskeleton's head, which can be seen floating alongside it. Mangle appears to have no endoskeleton torso, and it appears to be almost entirely made out of endoskeleton limbs. Wires hang from multiple parts of the body. There are also three eyes of its multiple-endoskeleton-like body to be seen when Mangle is in the Kid's Cove.

The cause for Mangle's severely mutilated state, as noted by Phone Guy on Night 3, is due to the exposure to toddlers, who would constantly rip it apart, piece by piece, forcing the staff to reassemble it after every shift. Eventually, the staff decided that Toy Foxy would become a 'take apart and put together attraction' for the younger kids to mess around with. The result of this has since been dubbed by the staff as "The Mangle".

Locations
Mangle begins the night in a corner at Kid's Cove, in a contorted heap of machinery. Once activated, it will mainly travel the pizzeria via the ceiling. It travels through the Prize Corner, Game Area, Party Room 1 and 2, the hallway outside The Office, and finally crawling through the Right Air Vent to reach the Office. Mangle does not try to enter the Office from the hallway. Mangle also may frequently appear in the same room with other animatronics. When the Mangle moves into or out of a room that is monitored by the cameras, a static feed will occur.

Behavior
Mangle is an incredibly active animatronic, as it can leave Kids Cove at 12 AM on night 2. It is not important to watch Mangle, as its Radio frequency can be heard when it is in the vent. Once Mangle is spotted in the Right Air Vent's blind spot, the player must put on the Freddy Mask to ward it off. If the player brings up and then lowers the monitor before putting the Mask on, Mangle will be on the ceiling above the player. At this point, Mangle may randomly attack, where its head swoops down from the ceiling towards the player's face. It appears Mangle cannot be rid of once inside the Office, other than waiting to 6 AM.

Whenever the player sees Mangle, it will make a distorted, garbled sound, akin to radio static. The sound is actually possibly an amateur radio band, with a military-encoded RTTY-75W (Radio Teletype 75 baud WIDE) transmission. In the middle, there is what sounds like a demonic voice, but it is actually only mistuned SSB (Single Side Band) voice. Contrary to popular belief, RTTY is not morse code, the voices do not have a meaning, and RTTY is not SSTV either. The sound is only for aesthetic purposes - hard to decode, but only there for environmental purposes.

FACTS:
A close look at the children's drawings at the beginning of the trailer reveals two pictures that depict what seems to be children holding Mangle's head.

Whenever Mangle appears, there is a loud radio-interference sound for an unknown reason. The sound is absent in the Mobile Version.

Out of all the animatronics, Mangle seems to be in the worst state of disrepair - to the point that it is a near costume-less endoskeleton.

Mangle may have two endoskeleton heads, if not two full endoskeletons. Upon close view of the suit head, the secondary pair of teeth and white pupils of a typical endoskeleton are visible, but another endoskeleton head that is exposed can be seen along side it.

It is said that, after being damaged countless times, the staff grew tired of having to repair Mangle over and over, so it was turned into a "take apart and put back together" toy for children in Kid's Cove.

While the Mangle is referred to as "he" by the Phone Guy, the Custom Night Challenge titled "Ladies' Night" includes both Chica's and Mangle. However, some think that Scott added Mangle to the challenge as a balancer, and for all of these reasons Mangle's "true gender" is often disputed.

There is also a common theory that Mangle caused the The Bite of '87, though there is no confirmation of this.

One way to support this is Mangle's attack animation. Similar to Foxy's, the Mangle attacks by lunging at the player, seemingly intending to catch them inside its mouth. Most of the other animatronics simply scream in the player's face, popping up from the bottom of the screen.

It seems that, when it appears in the office, Mangle causes the other animatronics to move more rapidly, possibly due to its inherent radio-like sound.
Despite being in a complete state of disrepair, the Mangle is still apparently capable to support itself, enough that it is able to cling to ceilings and walls, and lunge.

In-game files show that many of Mangle's appearances in rooms other than Kid's Cove and the Right Air Vent involve overlaying a transparent image of it over the image used for the camera feed. This means it can show up in any room regardless of what animatronic is already there.
Mangle's animatronic eyes can be seen when it is in the hallway with Foxy.
Although Mangle has a hook similar to Foxy's in the teaser for FNaF2 that features the two of them together, Mangle does not appear to have a hook at all in the game itself.

Mangle seems to be the only Toy animatronic to lack eyebrows, with the exception of Balloon Boy, much like Bonnie in the first game.