金曜日| friday

- one day until the wedding -

One day. Twenty-four hours. One rotation of the Earth. That is how long remained until the grand day that would unite two lovers who have devoted their lives to each other since high school. But before that can happen, they need to get their routine down solid. Momo and Shoto are having their wedding rehearsal later today and are ecstatic to see their friends and family before the giant soirée.

It was currently 12 a.m. and the couple was lying wide awake discussing their plans for later that day. Both were extremely restless and Momo getting morning sickness wasn't helping. Not to misunderstand their feelings though, both were excited but at the same time overwhelmed because for many of the people attending the rehearsal, it would be their first time seeing each other in ages. The members of the wedding party along with the bride and groom all went to high school together but after graduation, many of their colleagues went separate ways so having everyone back was sure to be nostalgic.

After about two hours of tossing and turning, Shoto and Momo managed to fall asleep, waking up six hours later to an alarm that haunts them almost every morning. "Good morning sunshine," says Shoto in his rich, deep voice that tantalizes Momo every time she hears it in the morning. Instead of giving Shoto a verbal response, Momo rolls over and presses her lips onto his. Taken aback by her sudden advances, Shoto's eyes widen but eventually closed as he pulls her in, kissing her harder. Only pulling back for air, they kept going, forgetting that they put their alarm on snooze. It rang once again, spoiling their moment and they both knew that it was now actually time to get up.

Momo gets up off of Shoto and heads off to get ready, she slides him a smirk and gets dressed in front of her man. He admires every single inch of her while she puts on her designer garments for a day out in the city. Following suit, he puts on a black turtleneck with some sleek trousers that complimented his overall scheme. Sliding on a platinum watch and chain, Shoto waits for Momo in the living room as she wraps up her look. Momo decides to wear a black corduroy skirt and a jade green blouse with a low cut that nicely outlined her chest. She too has a platinum watch that Shoto bought her and puts on some earrings that make her face pop. The couple had a thing for being stylish and it was mainly Momo's influence that made Shoto's fashion choices second nature.

Put together and styling hard, their hands grabbed each other and their fingers intertwined as they left to go out for a few hours to kill time before the rehearsal. Loading their wedding party gifts in the car, Shoto drives for a few minutes towards downtown. The couple had chosen a city life because it went well with their jobs and it allowed them to own a modern penthouse as they had always wanted.

After walking around for a bit they headed towards the wedding venue about an hour and a half early before the wedding party. Meeting with the officiant, Hawks was more than delighted to have been chosen to unify the couple. They discussed seating and other formalities of the arrangement to allow for a smooth ride. As they talked, the bridesmaids, groomsmen, and their couples started showing up. With 5 p.m. rolling around they got started on practicing going through the motions.

Momo declared in her soft, cheery voice, "Hello everyone! I am so excited to have all of you guys here before our big day. Shoto and I are excited to see how this will play out."

Lined up to the left were Momo, Kyoka, and the rest of her bridesmaids; Ochaco, Toru, and Kendo. On the right, we saw Shoto, Izuku, with Iida, Tokoyami, and Kirishima following suit. Hawks stood at the front of the hall ready for his role in the union. After everyone finally got in their places, it was time for Momo to walk down the aisle and meet her fiancé. She walked down the aisle alone as to make a statement. Yes, she is marrying Shoto and devoting herself to him but she also wanted everyone to know that she is her own person and is independent in her own sense.

After making the slow stride up to the altar, Hawks smiles and gives the directives, "You may now kiss the bride." Of course, this is just a rehearsal, but Shoto dives in for the kiss anyway, making Momo turn redder than the decorations she had placed beforehand.

Denki, who was present due to his relationship with Kyoka, commented from the audience "Shoto! My man!" Kyoka stands smiling, bouquet in hand and says "My Momo is all grown up." Everyone present falls into a cascade of laughs at the sarcastic commentary and that concluded the actual rehearsal.

The couple had rented a limousine to take them to an upscale restaurant on the wealthy part of downtown for their dinner. They had reserved a whole room for them and their party so they could have all the fun they wanted at dinner. Getting in the sleek, black vehicle, everyone starts bombarding the couple with questions. Questions such as "Do you guys want kids? How about work? Where's the honeymoon?" arose and it clearly flustered the pair. Kendo chimed in with "Momo, ever since we did that commercial together back in our UA days, I knew you would come back with a bang. You look gorgeous and I can't wait to see you tomorrow in your gown." This made Momo get all teary-eyed and she thanked Kendo for her high praise. Izuku compliments Shoto on his outfit and tells stories to the wedding party about their UA days. "I remember when I would walk into class early and I would find Shoto and Yaoyorozu flirting their heads off like no one was there." This brought a huge blush to Shoto's face and everyone giggled at his slight embarrassment.

When the short drive concluded, they arrived at the restaurant. Momo fetched the gifts for the wedding party while everyone else entered. Getting to their table, everyone ordered their drinks. "Momo, what wine will you be drinking?" Ochaco asked from a few seats down. This threw Momo in for a loop as if she made it too ominous then people would start asking questions as to why she wasn't drinking. Momo replies with a heavy blush, "I don't think I'll be drinking tonight." Everyone in the wedding party perked up, they knew Momo too well and looked forward to seeing what fancy wine she would recommend to them.

Kyoka noticed this and gave a glance at Momo to let her know she was aware of the predicament she was in. Izuku did the exact same to Shoto, and as the rest of the table observed the quartet, Kirishima just had to ask "Is there something we don't know about?" His tone heavily insinuated that he had some idea and just needed them to come clean. Mirroring Kirishima, Bakugou who was sitting next to him added to the discourse "Yeah Half-and-Half what's going on?"

Momo and Shoto looked at each other then nodded agreeing to fess up to the wedding party. "We planned to announce this to everyone tomorrow but I guess our party should become some of the first to know. Besides Izuku and Kyoka, you guys are going to be shocked but, Shoto and I are expecting. I'm 5 weeks along so I just found out pretty recently myself."

Everyone, even Bakugou, started clapping for the happy couple. "Yay! I'm so happy for you guys!" A bubbly Ochaco runs up to Momo and wraps her arms around the tall girl. Shoto gets handshakes and congratulations from the men in the party. As Shoto helps get their riled up colleagues calm, he starts presenting the gifts for each member in the wedding. Soon after their orders arrive and get taken back to the venue via limousine.

Upon getting back to the venue, the couple thanks everyone for their cooperation today and gives them the game plan for tomorrow. "We will meet here at 4 p.m. tomorrow. The reception hall is right next door to where our ceremony is so don't worry about any extra transportation unless you want to attend the after-party, courtesy of Mina.

Mina was originally asked to join the wedding party but declined to give the pair an even larger gift. She put together a huge rager for post-reception fun and planned it down to the last detail.

Everyone exchanged goodbyes and turned in for the night.

- wedding day -