Chapter 12: Diving In Too Deep

Last time on Dragon Ball! Y/N and Goku headed to Kame House to begin their training with Master Roshi. Along the way they befriended a bald monk by the name of Krillin. After eight months of intense training the tournament has finally arrived! Will they succeed or will their training have been for nothing? All of these questions will be answered right now!

Chapter 12: Diving In Too Deep

"Alright boys! Keep your knees high!" Roshi Yelled as the four of you ran together in one straight line, you, Goku and Krillin were carrying milk delivery crates whilst wearing weighted turtle shells. The tournament was a month away and you didn't know if this training was even preparing you for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now plow these fields with your bare hands!" Roshi ordered the three of you as you began the bitter work. "When do you think he's gonna teach us fighting moves?" Goku panted. Both you and Krillin shrugged and carried on with the task at hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Martial arts isn't all about getting big muscles and being strong, you should also train the mind as well." Roshi Explained. You were sitting on a log next to Goku and Krillin and Roshi sat in front of you. You all held a strange type of book with an inappropriate cover. "Y/N, begin from page 40."

"Ok. 'No Bob, please.' Moaned Margaret but Bob brought his hand down to her underwear. 'Don't worry, daddy's coming.' Another moan escaped Margaret and she began to-."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The turtle hermit way also teaches you to do everything at it's full potential. Play well, sleep well, eat well. That is the Turtle Hermit Way." You were all taking a break from training and were all relaxing. Even thought the tournament was a week away you felt confident you'd be able to do well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all stood outside Kame House in our training clothes and with the weighted turtle shells on our back. Roshi's car was just next to us and we'd be using it to get to the airport. "Well boys it's time to set out for West City! But before we do, you can take off your weights." I took off the extremely heavy shell and immediately felt way lighter than I was before. It was like there were springs in my feet as I leaped into the air higher than I ever have before. Kakarot and Krillin did the same and we bounced around performing tricks with our new weightlessness. After getting used to the feeling we changed into suits.

"How come we have to wear this funny looking suit?" I asked looking down at the tie and poking the fedora cap upon my head. "Either way I think both you and Krillin look funny." Kakarot grinned pulling Krillin's sleeve. "Well you should probably look in a mirror." Krillin joked playfully punching Kakarot's arm. "Well good luck!" Launch smiled at me and the others as she placed a small kiss on my cheek to my slight embarrassment. "Please look after the place while we're gone Launch!" Roshi said as he opened the car door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After taking the plane and an Uber we had finally arrived at the World Tournament, or the Tenkaichi Budokai however the heck you wanna call it. I was immediately taken aback by the sheer amount of people focused in one spot. Adults and kids alike were all gathered here buying treats and buying their tickets for the tournament. This was definitely overwhelming. "Okay time to sign you three up. Wait here while I get it all sorted." Master Roshi Said As he walked off to sign up. 

After a while he returned and we followed him inside where he set down the suitcase in his hand and opened it up to reveal some sorta clothing. "No way! Are those turtle hermit Gi's?!" Krillin Asked amazed. "You bet, we can't have you fighting in those fancy suits now can we?" Roshi replied. We took our uniforms and changed into them, I didn't wanna take off my saiyan armour so I wore the gi under it.